The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR LCA Relocation Brackets with Steeda LCA's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
So I have some Steeda LCA relocation brackets that I am probably not going to use. I really don't want to weld them in so I was thinking of getting the BMR LCA relo brackets. Problem is I have Steeda LCA's and I am not sure if they will fit the BMR LCA relo brackets. Anyone know if this setup with work and if so I have some steeda LCA relo brackets for sell. I installed them on the car for one day and put about 100 miles on them but never welded them in. These must be welded. Very nice piece but I just don't want to weld them. PM me if you are interested

Not quite apples to apples, but I have the Steeda billet LCAs (with the spherical ends) and I am running Whiteline relo brackets. I was worried about fitment, too but all the LCAs and relo brackets should be made to work with each other since the lengths/widths should be the same as OE. I am running P springs, if that makes any difference.

Check out the Whitelines - they have an one extra bolt compared to the FRPPs and some others. I'm very happy with them so far.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Now the I know it's the wrong question to ask but which are better? The whitelines are cheaper but I'm not going for cheaper. Which are better built?

Thanks

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I think I have answered my own question. The whitelines only have one spot to relocate the control arms to whereas the BMR's have a few different locations to correct the suspension geometry for your ride height.

I noticed the multiple locating holes on the BMRs, too. I haven't done any research on how effective it is but I assume the different holes are there to provide for different levels of lowering spring drop?

The BMRs also seem to have the additional locating bolt up top like the Whitelines so that is probably a good thing.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
jfolsom28 said:
Why do these have to be welded in? And why did you switch to the bmr relocation bracket?

The Steeda brackets are super beefy and really nice but they don't have the upper locating hole so they must be welded. I suppose if you want to make the mount as rigid as possible you should weld all of them in but Steeda is the only one that requires it. Their mounts are not inferior to the others I just don't have the welding skills to do it so I am just going to go with the BMR. If you are interested in my Steeda's PM me and we can talk about a price.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Ford Racing brackets are really well made, No hassle installation. I did mine last year and Pete's last week, both times fit like a dream and the quality is super. After 1 year and 15 track days mine are solid as a rock with no additional welding.
Steve

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
steveespo said:
Ford Racing brackets are really well made, No hassle installation. I did mine last year and Pete's last week, both times fit like a dream and the quality is super. After 1 year and 15 track days mine are solid as a rock with no additional welding.
Steve

Steve,

How much is your car lowered? It looks like the Ford Racing LCA's only have one spot to relocate to...is this correct? The BMR's have 3.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel