The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BNIB - Carbotech XP8's - Front and Rears - Pre Bed from Carbotech - REDUCED - Sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Honestly you might be better off selling the fronts to someone with a Subaru STi etc. , as 8s work great on the rear, but an 8 up front is fairly low on the temp gradient and I would not advise for the nose heavy Mustang. Probably good for autocross, though, but for road course use I would not recommend anything under a 12 -- my personal opinion based on where I used to work and what Carbotechs we sold prior to switching to G-Locs.

Thanks Bill but I'd rather first try to sell here before joining another forum. I also didn't buy them for a dedicated race set of pads to begin with. Bought them for the "weekend" pads per say.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Coupeman,

No offense, but the reason you are getting few responses is the same reason you are getting a bit of ribbing. Most of us have bought a set of brake pads and then decided to upgrade or sold our cars only to find we had to take a bath to move them. You also have one very common issue for many folks, in that you do not have anywhere near as aggressive a pad as you need in the front, imho. The 8s in the rear are great , but frankly the fronts should be 14-16 minimum. I used to run 24s up front ( currently run 18 G-Locs which are the equivalent ) and 8 -10s in the rear.

Most of us were lucky to get half what we paid when we sold them , so keep that in mind. You might also try posting the fronts for autocrossers and by the way that pad also fits a Subaru WRX. You might have decent luck with the rears, but drop them to 1/2 half and pray --- too many run specific brake pads and are loyal to their brand.

TMO Supporting Vendors