The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMS's cold front will move thru here tonight bringing heavy rain, some thunder, and strong winds..30-50 mph...rain will change to snow once the front moves thru for a quick burst of mayhem....near 60 today.........wind chills teens & 20's tomorrow.......then another warm up....................we change the clocks in 2 wks, so spring is almost here....................

Last edited:
OK, It's the 2yr anniversary of my brush with death (heart attack).......Hon called 911...The EMT's came, a fire truck came..........I was in BAD shape and not doing good.They tried to stabilize me here but ended up rushing me to the hospital in an ambulance with the siren blaring.............this is NOT something you want to go thru.........trust me!!!!!!!!!.....I don't want to go thru anymore details.......................................I still have nightmares..................at least I can, right???

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Congrats, but look on the bright side , you have had 2 more years to hang out with your friends at TMO and you are more conscious of what you can and can't do. Glad you are still around and you are now working on year 3 and I bet there are many more to come!

Leap year Thursday today!!!....get it while you can......The Boss is afraid of leap year days for some reason...maybe me too??....they're man made days to fit into a calendar we live by.....strange if you think about it, right?? What if we got rid of leap yrs??? How would our world change? How would you change???..Leap year supposedly keeps are time line together somehow.......I had a buddy at work who was a leap year baby (My age)...He would be 15 or 16 today in leap yr days.........Happy Birthday Manny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I had my Boss out the other day and I realized (not for the first time) what a great car this is!!!!!!!!......I didn't even try to push it to the limit, not even half way, but I could tell where it could take me if I wanted to go there..............not today...................

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
What if we got rid of leap yrs??? How would our world change?
If I remember right, the extra day in a leap year is because the earth's period of rotation (24 hours*) doesn't exactly align with it's period of orbit around the sun (~365.2422 days) - if the Earth is at a particular point in it's orbit around the Sun at noon on January 1, 2024, then the next time it's at that same point in the orbit is about 5:49 pm on January 1, 2025. The extra day every 4** years makes up for that. If we didn't have leap days, the seasons would shift on the calendar by 1 day every ~4 years, so (if I did my napkin math is right) after about 753 years the US would have winter in July and Australia would have winter in January. Another 753 years after that, and the seaons would be back to where they are now.

* Don't get me started on leap seconds.
** Except for years evenly divisible by 100, except for years evenly divisible by 400; so 1600 and 2000 were leap years, 1700, 1800, 1900, and 2100 are not.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
If I remember right, the extra day in a leap year is because the earth's period of rotation (24 hours*) doesn't exactly align with it's period of orbit around the sun (~365.2422 days) - if the Earth is at a particular point in it's orbit around the Sun at noon on January 1, 2024, then the next time it's at that same point in the orbit is about 5:49 pm on January 1, 2025. The extra day every 4** years makes up for that. If we didn't have leap days, the seasons would shift on the calendar by 1 day every ~4 years, so (if I did my napkin math is right) after about 753 years the US would have winter in July and Australia would have winter in January. Another 753 years after that, and the seaons would be back to where they are now.

* Don't get me started on leap seconds.
** Except for years evenly divisible by 100, except for years evenly divisible by 400; so 1600 and 2000 were leap years, 1700, 1800, 1900, and 2100 are not.
That ain’t 3rd grade math there !!

Dreary Tuesday here in Ct.........Sunday was Beautiful!!!!! Sunny , high 65 broke the old record of 58......great day!!!!!!!!!!....Monday, 10 degrees cooler with sun and clouds....today, rain and mist, damp and cold, 40's...............Tomorrow another rain storm moving in late into Thursday.........Heavy rain!!!!!!!!!!....Friday is the "pick of the week"...Sun mid upper 50's!!!!!!!!..Saturday brings another rain storm............I thank God all this is not snow.......We spring ahead this weekend to Day Light Savings Time, but spring don't get here til March 19th...."Gentlemen Start Your Engines"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Dreary Tuesday here in Ct.........Sunday was Beautiful!!!!! Sunny , high 65 broke the old record of 58......great day!!!!!!!!!!....Monday, 10 degrees cooler with sun and clouds....today, rain and mist, damp and cold, 40's...............Tomorrow another rain storm moving in late into Thursday.........Heavy rain!!!!!!!!!!....Friday is the "pick of the week"...Sun mid upper 50's!!!!!!!!..Saturday brings another rain storm............I thank God all this is not snow.......We spring ahead this weekend to Day Light Savings Time, but spring don't get here til March 19th...."Gentlemen Start Your Engines"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had 72* on Sunday with blue skies but very strong south winds. Yesterday, 62* high with blue skies but that changed by the afternoon. Evening storms brought pink lightning and 1.28” of rain. Today, nice with temps in the 50’s, light breeze & sunny. So, March in like a …………….

A break before the next rain storm comes later tomorrow........maybe I'll go for a "quick" spin tomorrow morning.......The Boss says go for it............Who am I to argue????????????.......which Boss said that???????????..............it doesn't matter, really.................................Giddy Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too gloomy and wet to take the Boss out this AM.......rain moving in this afternoon....flood watch in effect for possible 2 plus inches...Friday is Boss DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!.....some sun low 50's, before the next rain storm moves in late Saturday into Sunday..........if this was snow, I'd be buried ............in more ways than one........................

going off on a different note here...........My favorite actor is Burt Young..........I don't know why, but He seemed to be most like me...He's gone now, but his memory still lives with me....anybody remember him from the Rocky movies????.........

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors