The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello everyone!!! Hope everyone is fine in these days leading up to Christmas. I have many memories of that joyous day, going back to when I was a kid waking up and seeing what Santa brought me!!!! I was so excited I couldn't wait for everybody else to get up!!! to open our presents!!! I wasn't the "goodest" boy on the block back then, but Santa still gave me great stuff!!!!.......This is a very Magical Tyme of the year for EVERYONE!!!!!...Enjoy it in the best way you can.............Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a racer.....but I drive my Boss HARD when I feel like it and when I can.............I just threw that out there for what its worth..........not much I suppose............................................................

Son (Nick) by today with Josh to give me my haircut in the garage....everything went great!!!...Josh is having a hard tyme learning to drive manual in the new Jeep he bought. Son took him out in the Boss to explain the basics.............I don't know how well that went>>>>>>>>>..............Why do I wonder??????????????..............................................

As I get older I begin to realize how much i have taken for granted for so long......Family, Friends, my life....the list grows longer the more you think about it!!!!!!!!....TMO is my refuge sometymes with all you crazy characters.......you all are my "other" FAMILY............................................as the old man went off searching for his Boss keys...........................:cool:

Well we got a white Christmas Eve here.......dusting/coating of snow overnite......I was surprised that everything is covered.including the roads...well the temp is 26...do the math dummy.. :banghead:This must be Winter's early calling card............. or Santa's.........................................Ho Ho Ho.........................................

Last edited:
I wanted to take the Boss out today....But the roads are still snow covered.....I don't need no help slippin and slidin....I can do that on my own............The Boss may be willin, But I'm chillin....for now....Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've been here longer than I thought I would today......I did freshen up the coleslaw, with my magic touch......Priceless info.....Hon's busy in the kitchen...I see we have some Salmon to go with the Tilapia...the coleslaw rests til the final stir tomorrow ................Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I remember back in '64.....Dad sprang for Lobster!!!!!!.......
This was like Ralphies BB gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night is starting to descend on this Christmas Eve...The morning snow we got today is just a memory now...Santa will have to use His skates around here tonite.....The Silly Season never ends if you think about it...................There's too many nuts to ever fill a cake..................

Christmas will ALWAYS be a special tyme for me......opening all those presents on Christmas Morning when I was a kid..me and my brothers.....and then watching my son open his presents many years later.......................Priceless is putting it mildly........................:beatentodeath:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Hey Bob, don't forget to watch the Yule Log show on channel 11 WPIX tomorrow morning! A Christmas classic for me.

The intermission between Christmas and New Years....what do you do? Relax and stay home!!!...Covid is taking a turn for the worse!!!! More number of infections since it started.( Ct is up to 15%....Highest sice they started measuring it since March 2020!!!)...Why???...I think we all let our guard down a little too much too soon...Hey we all wanted to get back to "normal" that we threw out everything away that was keeping us safe to begin with....masks, distancing, big social gatherings, especially this past Christmas.....There's still a long way to go with this pandemic........indoors and winter is where it thrives....I thought it would be over by now......maybe next year............................One last thought....If you got vaccinated and thought you were golden, even boosters ain't gonna save you from covid..................How else do you explain this astronomical increase in iinfections with over 60% of the nation vaccinated..............Think about it for a minute..................Please...........................

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Someone once said, "Lies, damn lies, and statistics." Depending on what you want to prove, you can create a statistic for nearly any viewpoint. Always be concious of the denominator - positive test per day are up, but what about tests done per day?

Using data from the state's COVID data portal at https://data.ct.gov/Health-and-Huma...Cases-Hospitalizations-and-Deaths-S/rf3k-f8fg
I imported the data into Excel, then created a calculation that divides the number of positive cases reported each day by the total number of tests given each day. After charting the resulting values across the dates of reporting, I ended up with this.
1640825205054.png
Looks pretty flat to me. Seems like number of positive cases are going up because the number of tests are going up, not because the percentage of people testing positive is going up (at least by a significant amount). That said, I would expect a slight seasonal uptick like you see for last winter.

And with the Omicron variant looking to be relatively mild, I'd argue you shouldn't even be looking at positive tests, but hospitalizations and deaths. Except you need to be aware if the hospitalization counts are "with COVID" or "due to COVID" - reading the notes for the CT data, they're reporting anyone testing positive in a hospital as a "hospitalized case" - so if you broke your leg falling off a ladder, went to the hospital overnight and tested positive, even though you are asymptomatic, the hospital counted you as a COVID hospitalization. Which just pollutes the data for meaningful analysis, IMHO.

Lastly, the CDC today revised their estimate of positive tests for Omicron vs. other variants from 73% to 23% - that means that most of the current (and probably for the next couple weeks) hosptializations and deaths are still likely to be from the Delta variant.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors