The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Too bad they did not tell you from the beginning that you would need a POA to help your son. Sorry to hear the debacle Bob, and these kind of things remind me why living in a State with only 1.9 million people has it's advantages.

Update on Son's "adventure" involving his stolen license plate and the DMV. He's going to handle this Hinself and made another appt for the DMV for Aug 25 ( the earliest one He could get). Meanwhile the speeding tickets being incurred by the thief in NY continue to pile up...........It's up to 24 now and counting ........NY's photo speeding ticket system is working well................................................

Last edited:
One would think the NY Police would be on the lookout for that plate number
Bill, Because Son didn't realize His plate was stolen until He started getting the speeding tickets in the mail, a police report of the theft was never filed while he was in NY and Ct DMV won't be cancelling the plates until His appt next week.He has sent an email to NY, explaining what is going on, but I don't know how much good that will do for now?I pray this works out for the best for Son because the fines have totaled $1200 so far!!!!!!!..........There is a small glimmer of hope,tho............NY will boot the car once $250 in fines have accumulated.The only problem will be finding the thief's car and them not coming to Ct to boot Son's car................what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......:banghead:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Bob, sorry to hear about your son's plate getting stolen and resulting hassle. Make sure he disputes each ticket as soon as he can; there's sometimes a date after which you're presumed guilty and start incurring penalties on top of the fine. Due to typical government administration, he might want to (or need to) do a seperate dispute for each ticket, so nothing gets lost in paper shuffling. Good luck.

Two 1969 Boss 429's on the Mecum auction block this weekend.One went for $300K, the other one went for $400K........The record is $500K for a Black Boss 429 last year......Gotta tell Son to keep the 302 waxed after I'm gone..........................

Took the Boss for an Emission test today (#5)....We studied all nite and we passed with flying colors!!!.......Truth be told......unless your "englite" or Maint reqd" lite is on , you're probably gonna pass here in CT..............good for another 2yrs and $20.............................Nice to have the Boss out today............BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT for a car(race)..................

For those wondering how Son made out with all that NY speeding ticket stuff...He's clear!!!!...They acknowledge the wrong car was getting all the tickets (24).....God answered my prayers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................................................................;)

Your sense of balance in life can change in an instant.....I've had a couple of wake up calls so far.........I don't need/want anymore!!!!!!.......I am thankful for EVERYTHING I have and acknowledge it always......The Boss agrees........................................Both of them.......................................................................................:cool:

Had the windows closed a little last nite.......a little chill in the air...temp dropped over nite to around 60 with bone dry humidity......It's amazing Mother Nature watches the calendar just like us, although I know summer is not done with us yet. for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Labor Day weekend forecast wasn't that promising with showers thru-out......that never happened around here.....the rains came today, with some of the state getting close to 7" of much needed rain.Around here a steady rain has fallen much of the day with temps only in the 60's.The crabgrass is thankful for that moisture................................Fall is just around the corner.;)

WOW!!.. Fall here with no mercy today.....Hi 40's overnite and barely 60 today...at least it's sunny....Glad Hon and I went for our last farm run yesterday in the Boss ( in the 70's) for some tomatos and corn.......even tho frost may be a few weeks away, the diminishing sun angle isn't helping the plants to ripen what's left on their vines............Halloween candy starting to appear at the stores......Did anyone say KiT Kat???????????????????

TMO Supporting Vendors