The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bondra Performance Clutch Pedal Extension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I just installed the Bondra Performance Clutch Pedal Extension. The unit is made very well and feels very comfortable when installed. I'm only 5' 7" so this thing saves me from being up on the steering wheel when tracking the car. I was curious if the pedal would fell too high with this extension installed but it doesn't. A fully depressed clutch extends your foot about the same as when the brake is fully depressed, which to me was perfect.

I have one very strong suggestion for installing this unit: The instructions basically state that you should mount the unit onto the pedal and then attempt to put the clutch pedal pad back on the extension unit - DON'T DO IT !! You'll be heating the thing up with a heat gun to soften the rubber and cursing a blue streak ;D The is a much easier way - after you have removed the clutch pedal pad from the pedal, install it onto the extension unit (with each half just held together) first. The first half of the extension unit will slip onto the pad easily. The second will be a bit more difficult, I used the end of a small flathead screwdriver to pry up the rubber lip of the pad and 'flip' it over the ridge of the extension unit. This whole operation only took 5 to 10 minutes and I did not have to heat up the rubber of the pedal pad to get it on. I also did not have to do all this lying on my back under the dash Once you have the pad fully on, spread the opposite end of the extension unit that mounts to the pedal open like a clam. Open it enough to be able to slip it over the left and right side of the pedal mounting flange (that the stock pedal pad was initially holding onto). Once you get the right angle both side will slip over the pedal flange and you're ready to install and tighten the 2 mounting screws. I used blue threadlock on the screws.

2011-12-16_21-39-44_258.jpg

MLM

Mike
Cool. I thought about installing it that way after I had been on my back fighting with it for about 15 minutes, but I was too stubborn to try it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm 52 - if I'm gonna be on my back for 15 minutes it's gonna be for a much better reason ;D This idea came to me after I spent 10 minutes down under the dash swearing and prying it off. My garage is only about 42 degrees now, the rubber was pretty stiff.

Pete,

You’re a genius... Thanks for the information. I’m going to try out your installation method and change my instructions.

Glad you like the Clutch pedal Extension, it makes driving a manual much more comfortable.

Kevin

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel