The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Borla Atak Axle Back Mufflers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borla Atak for 11'-12' Mustang Boss 302 part# 11791 vs. Borla Atak for 13'-14' Mustang Boss 302 Part# 11838, does anyone know what the difference is? I have an opportunity to purchase 11'-12' Borla Atak part# 11791 on the cheap but my car is a 13' Boss 302, they look identical but Borla says the 11791 will not fit on the 13' Boss 302. I find that hard to believe since other manufacturers are offering common mufflers for 11'-14' mustangs. Has anyone done this before?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The tips are a different length.

IIRC, ‘11-‘12 parts are shorter and that it’s wuite noticeable when parts are used on the ‘wrong’ body style.

TMO Supporting Vendors