The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Borla or Roush Axle-Back Exhaust

I have listened to both exhaust on line which I know does not do them justice so asking those who may have heard both which has a better sound? Looking at ordering soon and leaning towards the Roush. Roush seems to have a meaner/louder sound. Any thoughts?
 
I've had the Roush, S-Types and Atak and I ended up with the S-Types. The Roush's were just too loud, in my opinion, to live in my subdivision. I didn't want any complaints. The S-Types were also more refined than the Roush's which were more "raspy". The ATAKs are a good choice and I may go back to them in the future, I'm just digging the S-types at the moment. I have heard some guys say the Roush's drone but I never had any.
I would like to hear the Corsa Extremes at some point to. A lot of guys have them on this forum so I'm curious to hear how they sound.
 
LindsayEOD said:
I've had the Roush, S-Types and Atak and I ended up with the S-Types. The Roush's were just too loud, in my opinion, to live in my subdivision. I didn't want any complaints. The S-Types were also more refined than the Roush's which were more "raspy". The ATAKs are a good choice and I may go back to them in the future, I'm just digging the S-types at the moment. I have heard some guys say the Roush's drone but I never had any.
I would like to hear the Corsa Extremes at some point to. A lot of guys have them on this forum so I'm curious to hear how they sound.

I leave for work at 0530 and the days I take the Boss the neighbors may not be too happy if the Roush are that loud. I read they are not too bad until you lay into the gas. I listened to the Corsa Extremes and was not too impressed. They just seemed a little louder then the stock and didn't have the tone the Borla and Roush have.
 
knappj69 said:
I leave for work at 0530 and the days I take the Boss the neighbors may not be too happy if the Roush are that loud. I read they are not too bad until you lay into the gas. I listened to the Corsa Extremes and was not too impressed. They just seemed a little louder then the stock and didn't have the tone the Borla and Roush have.
I would agree that they are only loud on cold start up and about 2000 ish rpm's. I received more than one complaint from different neighbors while I had them on since I was leaving for work around 0600. I also like to work on my Boss early on Saturdays and Sundays. I think that pissed them off more. The S-Types were the most restrictive out of those 3 so you could hear the side pipes a little better. That was a nice benefit of not having the Roush/Atak out back.
 
Corsa is the best all around. No droan, good rich sound,nice double wall tips and they are stainless from one end to the other.
 
384
0
Maui
maddog said:
Corsa is the best all around. No droan, good rich sound,nice double wall tips and they are stainless from one end to the other.

+1 on that. Just put the xtremes on the other week. They fit perfectly! At start up and low rpms, not too different from stock which is nice b/c don't want to annoy the neighbors. At higher rpms and wot they sound pretty mean. No drone as well.
 
I really like the Roush; they get a little louder with age. I figured I wanted the loudest bang for the buck. No regrets. Leaving at 5:30 AM is no problem, just drive quiet!!

Here's a little link for you to check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKUFI7cBJU4&list=FL3J1ECPgxeJRJPc3_et4Ssg

ps. there is a drone in 6th @2100 rpm/60 mph.... I just go past 60 in 5th or downshift out of 6th when slowing down... No problem for me.
 

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
1,242
71
Did you consider GT500s? They are pretty tame if you keep off the gas, but have a good rumble and tone at idle and will bark when you put your foot in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WP8WjTQKE[/youtube]
 
Boss949 said:
I really like the Roush; they get a little louder with age. I figured I wanted the loudest bang for the buck. No regrets. Leaving at 5:30 AM is no problem, just drive quiet!!

Here's a little link for you to check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKUFI7cBJU4&list=FL3J1ECPgxeJRJPc3_et4Ssg

ps. there is a drone in 6th @2100 rpm/60 mph.... I just go past 60 in 5th or downshift out of 6th when slowing down... No problem for me.

I read it is the cold start up that can be very loud. That is my main concern since I start her up early. I also read that if you give the gas a slight tap to take the choke of then it is okay. Too bad I do not know anyone here with the exhaust so I can listen to it.
 
ace72ace said:
Did you consider GT500s? They are pretty tame if you keep off the gas, but have a good rumble and tone at idle and will bark when you put your foot in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WP8WjTQKE[/youtube]

Have not looked into them. Will check it out though. Thanks.
 
knappj69 said:
I read it is the cold start up that can be very loud. That is my main concern since I start her up early. I also read that if you give the gas a slight tap to take the choke of then it is okay. Too bad I do not know anyone here with the exhaust so I can listen to it.

Correct on the tap, and yes cold start is loud.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top