The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #0001 Found in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was checking through other forums I belong to and saw a member had pictures of Boss #0001 in his driveway.

Check out these photos.........one lucky guy that's for sure!!

http://www.bossmustangperformance.com/index.php?/topic/13579-street-boss-302-0001-is-at-home-with-me/page__pid__263778#entry263778

GA
suprmn said:
I was checking through other forums I belong to and saw a member had pictures of Boss #0001 in his driveway.

Check out these photos.........one lucky guy that's for sure!!

http://www.bossmustangperformance.com/index.php?/topic/13579-street-boss-302-0001-is-at-home-with-me/page__pid__263778#entry263778

Thats the money car right there. I wouldn't want it because I would feel obligated to make it a garage queen.

lol, that is my car. It was a surreal day. I bought that car sight unseen over the phone form a dealer i bought my 10 GT and my wife's 10 Edge from in Garland. They never mentioned the number, they had no pics on the web, all i knew was it was competition orange and had the recaro and torsen package. i agreed to a price, they drew up the papers, i drove up to pick up the car. i had no idea until the walk around that the car was #0001. I almost wet myself, i already had a deal in place thankfully because i screamed in a little girl voice to the salesman beside me "This is the first boss made!" he apparently had no idea it was significant. he said yeah, its the first of this color. i told him they were sequential based on build not color and he just shook his head. i went in and signed, and drove home with my 6-year-old daughter in her pink booster seat beside me telling me how soft the recaros were all the way home. :)

This car will be no garage queen, it will be on the track next month. i bought it to drive and have fun with without an inkling that it was a historically significant car.

PJWANNABE said:
Thats the money car right there. I wouldn't want it because I would feel obligated to make it a garage queen.

Well, maaaaybe that's the money car, but more likely it's just A money car. He can probably get a little over for it right now from somebody and it will probably hold its value better than the others in the future, but the real money car will be the Grabber Blue (1 of 1) sold at auction already. Also, the LS will be the real collector's car. It's the limited edition subset of a limited edition. I wonder, do they have a separate number series? Is there a No. 1 LS?

Shane, congratulations on your car. Hey, if you can get somebody to pay for your ticket on one of these rides, then more power to you, but I'm glad to hear that you intend to drive the car. I respect that. Enjoy!

Jimmy
Austin, TX, so maybe we will run into each other some time.

GA
ShaneM said:
lol, that is my car. It was a surreal day. I bought that car sight unseen over the phone form a dealer i bought my 10 GT and my wife's 10 Edge from in Garland. They never mentioned the number, they had no pics on the web, all i knew was it was competition orange and had the recaro and torsen package. i agreed to a price, they drew up the papers, i drove up to pick up the car. i had no idea until the walk around that the car was #0001. I almost wet myself, i already had a deal in place thankfully because i screamed in a little girl voice to the salesman beside me "This is the first boss made!" he apparently had no idea it was significant. he said yeah, its the first of this color. i told him they were sequential based on build not color and he just shook his head. i went in and signed, and drove home with my 6-year-old daughter in her pink booster seat beside me telling me how soft the recaros were all the way home. :)

This car will be no garage queen, it will be on the track next month. i bought it to drive and have fun with without an inkling that it was a historically significant car.

Congrats and I am glad to hear you are going to drive it. Be prepared though for people's opinions regarding the car and what you do with it- they will be never ending.

GA
Jimmy Pribble said:
PJWANNABE said:

Well, maaaaybe that's the money car, but more likely it's just A money car. He can probably get a little over for it right now from somebody and it will probably hold its value better than the others in the future, but the real money car will be the Grabber Blue (1 of 1) sold at auction already. Also, the LS will be the real collector's car. It's the limited edition subset of a limited edition. I wonder, do they have a separate number series? Is there a No. 1 LS?

Shane, congratulations on your car. Hey, if you can get somebody to pay for your ticket on one of these rides, then more power to you, but I'm glad to hear that you intend to drive the car. I respect that. Enjoy!

Jimmy
Austin, TX, so maybe we will run into each other some time.

Y

Typically the first and last of a model are the most valuable (as in big money at auctiosn) and the rest just hold their value well. My Bullitt is a low number but not the first so it is worth a few thousand more than a GT of the same year. The Bosses may go for a bit more but you won't get big money for most until maybe 30 years from now. My phlosophy is to just drive it and enjoy it now. A car sitting in a garage is a waste, especially for a car meant to be driven.

Jimmy Pribble said:
I wonder, do they have a separate number series? Is there a No. 1 LS?

Yes, they have a separate number series. The #1 LS was found at Village Ford near Dearborn, MI. I have no idea if has been bought or what kind of ADM was associated with it.

Massive bragging rights. I wouldn't have said a word until I had given them the check, signed the papers, and had the keys in my hands. Congrats!

Congrats. Should have been mine as I placed my order with the dealer the day before they were announced. I even made him write it down as he didn't believe such a car existed. Yet somehow I ended up with #254. Sigh.

While I applaud Shane for staying steadfast in his plans to drive 0001 as Ford and nature intended, I think I'd cave and sell if a collector offered a sustantial sum over what I paid, then go out and get me another Boss plus have some cash left over. I can very much see the historical angle here; not so much as an investment to make someone rich, but rather as preserving an historically significant piece of automotive history in pristine condition for future generations to appreciate and enjoy.

I don't think the collector car market will die or crash horribly any time soon if ever. I keep having the feeling that internal combustion, V8 powered Detroit iron is in its sunset days paving the way for new, but quite different vehicle technology. That is one of my primary incentives to grab a Boss.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
jimprw said:
While I applaud Shane for staying steadfast in his plans to drive 0001 as Ford and nature intended, I think I'd cave and sell if a collector offered a sustantial sum over what I paid, then go out and get me another Boss plus have some cash left over. I can very much see the historical angle here; not so much as an investment to make someone rich, but rather as preserving an historically significant piece of automotive history in pristine condition for future generations to appreciate and enjoy.

I don't think the collector car market will die or crash horribly any time soon if ever. I keep having the feeling that internal combustion, V8 powered Detroit iron is in its sunset days paving the way for new, but quite different vehicle technology. That is one of my primary incentives to grab a Boss.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

You know you have a valuable or significant car when the auction houses are calling every day trying to get you to consign the car with them. I wonder if Shane has gotten any calls.

Demand creates value, and only Shane knows the demand for his car.

GA
jimprw said:

In the extremely unlikely event that I win those Patriot edition Bosses, I will sell them and buy regular Boss and keep the change.

I've had emails but the people all seem to think they are doing me a favor by offering me more than i paid, i guess they think I am stupid. i turned down enough over what i paid today that i could have bought a normal GT. I want a Boss though and it wasn't enough to replace my Boss outright so i said no. the guy was cool as hell though, we stood around and talked Bosses and cars fro an hour after i turned him down. He owns a silver LS.

TBH, i told the collector that he was my one concession to everyone that was mad and thought the car should go to a collector so my kids don't ride in it or get it dinged up. I offered my terms and he didn't take them. I feel much, much better now. I felt really bad to drive the car yesterday and today. After he left i felt so much better about driving it. As soon as he was gone I put the car on ramps and pulled the restrictor plates. OMG it sounds great. I also landed my first "kill" if you can call it that. A guy in a lifted diesel truck revved me on the way home lol...

Pretty sure the the first 50 LS's came down the line before the first Bosses. Here is the sticker for LS0001

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU6C5200001

TMO Supporting Vendors