The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #0001 Found in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
ShaneM said:
I've had emails but the people all seem to think they are doing me a favor by offering me more than i paid, i guess they think I am stupid. i turned down enough over what i paid today that i could have bought a normal GT. I want a Boss though and it wasn't enough to replace my Boss outright so i said no. the guy was cool as hell though, we stood around and talked Bosses and cars fro an hour after i turned him down. He owns a silver LS.

TBH, i told the collector that he was my one concession to everyone that was mad and thought the car should go to a collector so my kids don't ride in it or get it dinged up. I offered my terms and he didn't take them. I feel much, much better now. I felt really bad to drive the car yesterday and today. After he left i felt so much better about driving it. As soon as he was gone I put the car on ramps and pulled the restrictor plates. OMG it sounds great. I also landed my first "kill" if you can call it that. A guy in a lifted diesel truck revved me on the way home lol...

Good for you, but I would have taken the offer since I need the money. And then I could have bought another Boss and paid some bills.

2012Boss said:
Pretty sure the the first 50 LS's came doen the line before the first Bosses. Here is the sticker for LS0001

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU6C5200001

It's very possible - this is Laguna Seca #50
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU8C5200050

LS's 1-50 are numbered in VIN order (C5200001-C2500050) and have the same number on the intake plate. I also think they were the first 50 cars build in line at the plant but not 100% on that.

GA
2012Boss said:
LS's 1-50 are number in VIN order (C5200001-C2500050) and have the same number on the intake plate. I also think they were the first 50 cars build in line at the plant but not 100% on that.

You can't always be sure by the plate number. Some of the early builds of 2008 Bullitts that should have been less than #1000 got 2000+ numbers because Ford messed up the numbering sequence on the line. I think a hundred or so were built before they corrected the error.

2012Boss said:
LS's 1-50 are number in VIN order (C5200001-C2500050) and have the same number on the intake plate. I also think they were the first 50 cars build in line at the plant but not 100% on that.
Yes the first 50 are Laguna Seca models vin matches intake number

2012Boss said:
LS's 1-50 are numbered in VIN order (C5200001-C2500050) and have the same number on the intake plate. I also think they were the first 50 cars build in line at the plant but not 100% on that.

I would believe it. If you can trust the Window Stickers, at least the 1st thru 50th retail Laguna Secas went to the Body Shop before the 1st retail standard Boss. As a side note, I don't know how many pre-production standard and Laguna Secas were built before the first retail Laguna Seca, so technically the 1st retail standard Boss could be close to 100!

I'd really like to see the data tag on the Grabber Blue Laguna Seca.

a collector that owns one of the first 50 cars related the story to me that in his search to buy LS 001 he found that the first 20 cars went to ford execs and that 021 car at galpin is the lowest LS number that normal folk can buy. Anyone know if that is accurate?

So I see Shane has placed his #0001 Boss on ebay and as of 5/3/11 at 10:40pm the reserve has not been met.

Current bid: $95,100.00!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d1Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d8904035814399202505QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ160581892236

I don't know how many current owners of this car would hang onto it at the current asking price but I know if I was in his shoes.....I could sell it for $100,000 or more.

Best of luck to you Shane!! Guess we know if you sell, your going to get a free Boss and some extra spending money to go with it.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Greed.......is good.....greed works.......
Personally I would lower that reserve now and he will get 100k+. I can't blame Shane for selling, he has a young family and he kinda fell into a windfall here. He can now buy another Boss that he can drive with no worries, buy his wife a nice new family car and still have money to put away for his childrens' education or house downpayment etc. Just don't think I would have the stones to turn down $96k at this point. Good luck with it Shane hope it goes to $150k+
Steve

Only problem with eBay is that the bidders aren't pre-qualified to have the financial resources to actually pay for the car. If the winning bidder drops off the planet after the auction is done, the only thing he has to worry about is a bad rep on eBay.

I'd go with Mecum or maybe another reserve auction. I believe bidders have to have some basic financial qualifying done to actually bid....

PJWANNABE said:
In the extremely unlikely event that I win those Patriot edition Bosses, I will sell them and buy regular Boss and keep the change.

Bear in mind that you'll owe income tax on any car you win. It is ALWAYS better to take the cash value unless you're dying for the car. My friend kicked a field goal at halftime of a Raiders game. He won a Kia SUV. He owed more in taxes than he could get for the thing with 50 miles on it. His wife still drives it...

BOSS #0001 has been sold...Shane took it off ebay today, saying it was sold locally. I'm sure he feels a weight off his shoulders knowing he can now get another Boss 302 he can enjoy without any guilt. Reading his posts, you get the feeling of owning #0001 was taking a toll on him. Shane...I saw the video of you driving #0001...make sure you add a new one with your new BOSS.

Any idea how much he sold it for or to who? I hope he's at ease with his decision and wish him the best with his new car and extra money for whatever he wishes.

Congrats Shane!

Perhaps the last we'll hear from Shane....it will be interesting to see if the buyer turns around in the future and tries to auction it off for even more than he/she paid for it!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Fat Boss said:
PJWANNABE said:
In the extremely unlikely event that I win those Patriot edition Bosses, I will sell them and buy regular Boss and keep the change.

Bear in mind that you'll owe income tax on any car you win. It is ALWAYS better to take the cash value unless you're dying for the car. My friend kicked a field goal at halftime of a Raiders game. He won a Kia SUV. He owed more in taxes than he could get for the thing with 50 miles on it. His wife still drives it...

The Patriot editions are won tax free as the company doing the raffle is paying for the taxes as well.

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
This is true Ford reps do get the first cars, this happened with the Boss 429 in 1969 the first Boss 429 delivered by Ford was KK1215 ALL PREVIOUS CARS WERE EITHER MULES OR WENT TOO REPS I BOUGHT KK1249 BRAnd new in Michigan,making mine the 34 Boss sold that year.427 Mustang,Gary

427mustang said:
This is true Ford reps do get the first cars, this happened with the Boss 429 in 1969 the first Boss 429 delivered by Ford was KK1215 ALL PREVIOUS CARS WERE EITHER MULES OR WENT TOO REPS I BOUGHT KK1249 BRAnd new in Michigan,making mine the 34 Boss sold that year.427 Mustang,Gary
You still have that '69 Gary?

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
no i dont street raced it untill fall of 70,got married in spring of 71,i decided that drag racing ticket i got with that 70 LS 6 CHEVELLE was kind of exspencive,the night before i also got an inproper starting ticket from an unmarked county mounty 2 cars behind me, it was spring just got car out of mothballs, had trailer towing tires on it he wasnt impressed when i was going side ways down the street. After headers 4:86 gears hurst shifter trc. bars and a 600inch Holman Moody solid lifter cam, i kept the Blue Oval fans happy in Lansing Michigan seing that i lived in the town that built Oldsmobiles. Ime winding down over 35 years of collecting muscle cars i have 2 left 69 SCJ 4 SPD.4:30 POSI W 20,000 untouched original miles,a98 viper coupe w 9 miles, but ime holding on to mi 68 FB with a 66 sideoiler medium riser dual quad 427 in it. I decided in June to buy # 838 YB with all options,what a car 12:70 off the showroom floor,i ran low 12s with my Boss 9 back in the day. I suggest to all you young guys too hang on to these new Bosses the days of big power are drawing to an end,never thought it would ever come back again from the 60s era,but it will end soon,to many gov. regs. Just remember have safe fun with these new rocket ships. 427 mustang Gary

427mustang said:
no i dont street raced it untill fall of 70,got married in spring of 71,i decided that drag racing ticket i got with that 70 LS 6 CHEVELLE was kind of exspencive,the night before i also got an inproper starting ticket from an unmarked county mounty 2 cars behind me, it was spring just got car out of mothballs, had trailer towing tires on it he wasnt impressed when i was going side ways down the street. After headers 4:86 gears hurst shifter trc. bars and a 600inch Holman Moody solid lifter cam, i kept the Blue Oval fans happy in Lansing Michigan seing that i lived in the town that built Oldsmobiles. Ime winding down over 35 years of collecting muscle cars i have 2 left 69 SCJ 4 SPD.4:30 POSI W 20,000 untouched original miles,a98 viper coupe w 9 miles, but ime holding on to mi 68 FB with a 66 sideoiler medium riser dual quad 427 in it. I decided in June to buy # 838 YB with all options,what a car 12:70 off the showroom floor,i ran low 12s with my Boss 9 back in the day. I suggest to all you young guys too hang on to these new Bosses the days of big power are drawing to an end,never thought it would ever come back again from the 60s era,but it will end soon,to many gov. regs. Just remember have safe fun with these new rocket ships. 427 mustang Gary
Ahhh...words to live by...and of course, I agree! ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors