The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #1287 is home!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellow Blaze Boss #1287 is home in mass. Picked her up a few weeks ago, and all I can say about the car is WOW! Been Driving her every chance I get, luckily other than Irene the weather has been good the last few weeks. Only thing that can make this car better is when the trackey is finally released ;)

Ill get some pics of the car and post them on here in the next few days and ill register the car in the registry soon.

Also met another yellow blaze boss owner today that just picked up his car two days ago from a dealer near me. Was shocked when I seen my exact car roll up at the store lol

The dealer I got it from originally wanted 10,000 over the sticker but I talked them down to 4,000 over. Unfortunately three dealers in my area that were getting boss's all wanted over mrsp for them.

I did make sure that when the trackey becomes available that they install it at no cost to me.

Funny how little the dealers know about these cars. The whole time while I was test driving the car I was telling the sales person about the car instead of him telling me about it lol. Luckily though I was the first to test drive it other than the initial 7 or 8 miles they drive it before they can legally sell it.

GA
Looks awesome! The only thing wrong is that front license plate mount. I'm glad that I live in a state now that doesn't require a front plate.

I refuse to put my front plate bracket on... I may try and stuff it under / in the bumper somehow or transfer my green plate (just one required) from my truck to the stang.

That looks like a great way to keep from having to drill holes in your bumper, but you still have that unsightly plate on the front. I'll take my chances without one.

It just looks better in my opinion.

I say we all revolt.

I think ill be getting this: http://www.blueovalindustries.com/xt3200e.html . Hoping to wire it to be out with the key on and retract key off.

98RedGT said:
No drill front plate bracket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9loVVIeck&feature=feedu

I bought this one for around $46. Works great but the rubber center bumper has marred the clear bra from vibrations. (It's the only part that touches the finish.) even so, I chose it over the powered one because it doesn't hang so low. I would have already creamed the motorized version on my driveway.

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
Hi Boss1287 YB just read your last post,it reminded me about my Boss 429 i bought in April of that year it was the 49th one built,i bought it on a Saturday morning $5,000.00 out the door,that night i pulled into my hang out in Lansing Mi. and what do i see, 2 more Boss 429s one Red one Black, mine was dark green or Black Jade as it was known.To this day i have always wished ide of had a camera,we parked side bi side and talked for hours what we going to do with them i was the only one to modify heavely for street racing,had a lot of fun in those days low 12s 118mph,now i have 838 YB and its a 302ci running quicker off the show room floor. I never saw either of those 2 Bosses again untill 1986 the Red one showed up at a car show i was at,followed that car until 2009 when it sold at Barrett Jackson for $342,000.00 I also connected the original owner with the seller, he was able to drive the car on to the auction block that day. Good luck with your YB not many will be made in that color,i live in Florida draws a lot of attention as you know. PS This is the last herraw with the true muscle cars of our time,take care Gary

98RedGT

2012 #552
427Mustang - that is one cool story, not many cars can claim that kind of heritage which is why I am and always will be a Mustang fan.

427mustang said:
Hi Boss1287 YB just read your last post,it reminded me about my Boss 429 i bought in April of that year it was the 49th one built,i bought it on a Saturday morning $5,000.00 out the door,that night i pulled into my hang out in Lansing Mi. and what do i see, 2 more Boss 429s one Red one Black, mine was dark green or Black Jade as it was known.To this day i have always wished ide of had a camera,we parked side bi side and talked for hours what we going to do with them i was the only one to modify heavely for street racing,had a lot of fun in those days low 12s 118mph,now i have 838 YB and its a 302ci running quicker off the show room floor. I never saw either of those 2 Bosses again untill 1986 the Red one showed up at a car show i was at,followed that car until 2009 when it sold at Barrett Jackson for $342,000.00 I also connected the original owner with the seller, he was able to drive the car on to the auction block that day. Good luck with your YB not many will be made in that color,i live in Florida draws a lot of attention as you know. PS This is the last herraw with the true muscle cars of our time,take care Gary
Very cool story. Do you still have your Boss 429 and can you post some photos of it?

Hello MustangX and BadBoss1287. I live in Milton and have a Kona Blue BOSS with 10/10 ETA. In Dec11 found a Q4 allocation at a NC dealer, ordered it on Jan 8, got VIN # 9/10, Window sticker on 9/21 with a 9/28 build date. Arranged for a courtesy delivery to Jack Madden Ford in Norwood—he had an allocation but it was for an LS, which is on showroom floor, $15k above MSRP. Getting palpitations now—can't believe it will be here in 2 weeks!!! Hope to see you guys around at the weekly Thursday evening Mustang Alleys in Foxboro or the New England Mustang Club events. They are great.
Dick D

TMO Supporting Vendors