The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 1538 Comes home to Dallas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congrats man! Yea the more I see YB the more I like it, and yes it's possibly the best color, although they're all nice. I agree it needs black accents to make it really work. You could have one of the last YB's produced. Interesting to see we're just at roughly the halfway point in the estimate production. Still seems to be on track for roughly 3250 2012s. Enjoy!

Dallas_Dude said:
I heard about Cars and Coffee before. I can't remember where it is held though. Its a gathering of all kinds of cars right?

-Chris

Coffee & Cars is held in the parking lot of Classic BMW just south of HWY121 on the North Dallas Toll Road. The challenge with C&C is you need to get there about 6:30 in the morning to get a parking spot. C&C is a cool place to hang out on a Saturday morning (first Sat of every month).

But I'm game

Dallas_Dude said:
Yeah,

I think the black stripes and the black roof really make the color work. Without the black contrast it probably would not be nearly as appealing.

I agree completely. Tri-Blaze on a GT or Pony just does not do the color justice. I think it only works on a BOSS or a California Special.

Dallas_Dude said:
Yeah,

I think the black stripes and the black roof really make the color work. Without the black contrast it probably would not be nearly as appealing.
Yeah, man. Without the black accents, it would be pretty fem. I first saw the color on a Focus and had to imagine the "Steeler" colors to lock it in. I was hooked. ;D

Dallas_Dude said:
Hello all,

I am new to posting to these boards but I have been reading them for awhile. I have been wanting to get a Boss Mustang for many months now but was told by all the local dealerships that I would have to pay at least 5K over sticker or I would have to wait until next year :-(. Anyhow to make a long story short, Tony Fuentes over at Ford Country in Lewisville Texas was able to get me a Boss Mustang surprisingly quick, and at MSRP. I also bought my Lightning from them 10 years ago. So today I picked up number 1538 from the dealership. She arrived with 2 stablemates (yes 3 Bosses delivered in one shipment to one dealership). Lucky for me! Here are some pics. Mine is the Yellow Blaze one.

-BR
Chris

2012_Boss_Mustang_01.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_03.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_05.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_06.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_07.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_12.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_13.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_14.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_15.JPG

2012_Boss_Mustang_16.JPG

Just a side note. It's funny that they sold it to you at sticker, because they were taking bids for their Black LS that they had and wouldn't take less than 10k over.

Just an observation.

Dallas_Dude said:
Hmm,

6:30 in the morning. I am not liking the sound of that.

When I go, I typically get there around 7:30 or so. Have never had an issue parking in the Mustang section. I anticipate this weekend could be tougher to find a space, being a 3 day weekend. But, I've never felt like I had to be there at 6:30. :) Maybe I'll see you fellas there.

DieselRocket said:
Dallas_Dude said:
Hmm,

6:30 in the morning. I am not liking the sound of that.

When I go, I typically get there around 7:30 or so. Have never had an issue parking in the Mustang section. I anticipate this weekend could be tougher to find a space, being a 3 day weekend. But, I've never felt like I had to be there at 6:30. :) Maybe I'll see you fellas there.

Planning on making it out this Saturday!

Great photos. It looks really, really good! YB was my second choice...and also ditto that you may have one of the last ones made. Besides looking very cool, it should make for a very desirable Boss well into the future. Congrats!

TMO Supporting Vendors