The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS #1886 IS HOME AT LAST!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With a build date of 9/2 & an ETA of 9/19 changed to 9/27 changed to 10/5, BOSS #1886 arrived in CT late yesterday after spending a week sitting in New Jersey. My guess is Ford was waiting for a car carrier, coming this way , to fill up. Me & my son went to pick my BOSS up this afternoon. It had 10 miles on the clock when we got it & now has over 80 a few hours later, now tucked away in my garage. I picked up my Camaro buddy after I got it & took him for a little spin. After we got back he admitted the BOSS might be "a tad quicker" than his SS....at least he's honest. The BOSS is AWESOME to drive & truly feels like a racecar with a license plate. And that's without TRACKEY! After a week of on & off rain, the weather is predicted to be beautiful for at least the next week. making for perfect driving weather. Leaving work early tomorrow to put some more miles on my car...maybe Friday too. Many have said driving this car is addictive & now I know what they mean. Pictures to come....my son is in charge of that.Glory Hallelujah, I finally have my car!

jec246

Congrats!

My dealer told me there was a software limiter (break-in) for the first 100 miles. I notice a difference at about 115. Take your buddy out then. He might cry a little. :p

302BOB said:
With a build date of 9/2 & an ETA of 9/19 changed to 9/27 changed to 10/5, BOSS #1886 arrived in CT late yesterday after spending a week sitting in New Jersey. My guess is Ford was waiting for a car carrier, coming this way , to fill up. Me & my son went to pick my BOSS up this afternoon. It had 10 miles on the clock when we got it & now has over 80 a few hours later, now tucked away in my garage. I picked up my Camaro buddy after I got it & took him for a little spin. After we got back he admitted the BOSS might be "a tad quicker" than his SS....at least he's honest. The BOSS is AWESOME to drive & truly feels like a racecar with a license plate. And that's without TRACKEY! After a week of on & off rain, the weather is predicted to be beautiful for at least the next week. making for perfect driving weather. Leaving work early tomorrow to put some more miles on my car...maybe Friday too. Many have said driving this car is addictive & now I know what they mean. Pictures to come....my son is in charge of that.Glory Hallelujah, I finally have my car!
Congrats on your Boss Bob! It's not only quicker in a straight line than the SS, but MUCH quicker if you throw some turns into the mix ;)

Congratulations. What color is it? Are you going to open up the exhaust or buy some larger discs?

My BOSS is Comp Orange with black stripes. I plan to run the side discs with either a 3/4 or 1" hole. I work in a machine shop so I'll make my own & see (hear) which one sounds better. I LOVE THIS CAR!

BLAZN BOSS

Isn't it a great feeling?....When you look over at everyonce else it's a good feeling that you can smoke em at anytime........Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son isTrying to upload pictures to my profile so you guys can see them. Please give him a procedure to follow so he can put them up. Thanks. 5 DOT 0 I think my son needs your help. I told him he needs photo bucket but he still needs some guidance.

Nice color Bob, congratulatons. ]
You will love the sound with disk out, and if you drive slow its still quite, but if you push it up you cannot hear cd....to bad..LOL.

Maui
302BOB said:
Son took out side discs today...not worried about making any 3/4 or 1" replacements. Running my BOSS wide open ......sounds GREAT!

Nice!!! This was my first modification when I got my BOSS!. Love that sound.

2nd mod today...skip shift disabled!...couldn't come soon enough! Not only was it annoying,to beat the band, it was embarrassing too....You start out nice in 1st gear (with the discs out) ready to hit 2nd & that #$%^& skip shift brings you to 4th instead. People checking out my BOSS were probably thinking...damn this fool don't even know how to shift this bad boy right....not any more...............

GA
302BOB said:
2nd mod today...skip shift disabled!...couldn't come soon enough! Not only was it annoying,to beat the band, it was embarrassing too....You start out nice in 1st gear (with the discs out) ready to hit 2nd & that #$%^& skip shift brings you to 4th instead. People checking out my BOSS were probably thinking...damn this fool don't even know how to shift this bad boy right....not any more...............

Although I saw the message on the display, it never forced me into 4th. I think it was because I always wound the RPMs out enough to prevent it. Now it doesn't matter since my FRPP calibration has disabled the feature completely, so good riddance!

TMO Supporting Vendors