The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss #299 happy life in Sweden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Everybody,

My first post here and I´m happy to have found this forum! I bought my Boss 302 from McRee in Houston and they were perfectly fine to deal with. Shipment to Sweden in a container and June 22nd I picked it up at the harbour in Gothenburg. Some weeks later and the process of "check of origin" and "Swedish vehicle authoritys" approval is finally finished!

What a wonderful fantastic car to drive it is!! I have now put 2000km on it and had two track days. One in rain at the new Rudskogen track in Norway and one in sun at Gelleråsen in Sweden. Pretty amazing how well the car handles also the wet (although the Advancetrac system saved me a few times....)

I have kept the car stock except for removing the exhaust plates and having an extra set of wheels for track days (LS rims from Ford Racing and Continental Sportcontact 5P). Not planning on any major modifications but who knows....

Here is a video of one lap around Gelleråsen, taking it pretty easy in some corners and braking early. As a reference a BMW M3 with ESS-mod, R-tires and LOT´s of camber did 1:19 laps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXYA3bnUoc[/youtube]

Looking forward more exciting driving this summer!

//Johan

Cool video and welcome to BMO. Are you using Harry's LapTimer in the vid?

Thank you for the warm welcoming!

As far as I know there are two more Boss 302´s rolling on the streets in Sweden. I will try to get the other two to sign up here as well. Excellent source of information. Just like you guys we are eagerly awaiting TracKey calibration...

Above these there are two for sale, one LS and one "normal".

I get lots of positive reactions on the car. From the people coming with me (oh my gosh, it´s fast!) to the people seeing it (wow, aggressive, cool and classic, etc etc)

I did use Harrys Laptimer in the video. Iphone 3GS mounted on a Tomtom car kit. Fun toy and a great way to record your trackdays. Highly recommended!

Do you guys have any recommendation on R-tires for the 9&10*19" wheels? Trying to find good ones here but I am struggling to find them in the right dimensions.
Also, any tips on best site to buy replacement pads, rotors and spare parts (oil filters for example) would be highly appreciated!

@Vince
Thank you :)

Enjoyed you vid the day it was posted and wondered if I'd find you on one of the Boss forums. Congratulations on the car, and getting it trackside so quickly. And welcome to the forum.

#299 said:
Thank you for the warm welcoming!

As far as I know there are two more Boss 302´s rolling on the streets in Sweden. I will try to get the other two to sign up here as well. Excellent source of information. Just like you guys we are eagerly awaiting TracKey calibration...

Above these there are two for sale, one LS and one "normal".

I get lots of positive reactions on the car. From the people coming with me (oh my gosh, it´s fast!) to the people seeing it (wow, aggressive, cool and classic, etc etc)

I did use Harrys Laptimer in the video. Iphone 3GS mounted on a Tomtom car kit. Fun toy and a great way to record your trackdays. Highly recommended!

Do you guys have any recommendation on R-tires for the 9&10*19" wheels? Trying to find good ones here but I am struggling to find them in the right dimensions.
Also, any tips on best site to buy replacement pads, rotors and spare parts (oil filters for example) would be highly appreciated!

@Vince
Thank you :)
A good option for R-compound tires for those wheels are Hoosier R6 295/30/19 and 265/35/19. I'm not sure what availability is like in Sweden. A backup option would be Toyo R888 295/30/19 and 265/30/19.

Thank´s for the advice. Will check and see if they are available in Sweden. Toyo I know are but Hoosier seems like a great tire.

Another video from my first trackday last Friday at Rudskogen in Norway. It was raining so speeds weren´t as high as they could have been. I did get the award "best sounding car" from my mates ;)
Competition including Audi R8 GT, Aston Martin Vantage V8, Porsche Carrera S,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3oZjcw5C8[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors