The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302 Acrylic Disc badge Insert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
There is an eBay auction for an insert for the faux gas cap that looks pretty cool. Matches the key fob emblem. Just wondering if anyone here has purchased one and how they like it.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yes it its according to our Boss book in our Boss 302 Owners Kit. IMO, this Boss 302 emblem is not Boss 302 Logo compliant. The font and spacing doesn't look right and it is to pointy on the bottom.

Is it just me, or does it look right to the Members here?

Either way, it won't find its way on the back of my Boss. Just my .02.

Stay safe, and enjoy,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Boss1087 said:
I have this...
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25116/24147

Love it!

I have the same one in blue and painted one of my spare faux caps trim black. Still not sure if I like the cf decklid but it's easily reversible and I may go back to stock on that part.

2012%20Boss%20302%20Mustang%20762_zpsz8n9azn0.png

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
TymeSlayer said:
I have the same one in blue and painted one of my spare faux caps trim black. Still not sure if I like the cf decklid but it's easily reversible and I may go back to stock on that part.

TS:

The more I look at this, the more I like it. It is very unique and if you like it, I would keep it. One thing for sure, if I ever saw this in the Paddock, I'd know Kirk was around somewhere.

Have fun with your Boss, 70 degrees in Denver this weekend!

Dave
2HP

TymeSlayer said:

TS,

Did you just use an adhesion promoter on the "chrome" portion of the faux gas cap in order to get the paint to stick or did you use something similar to a PlastiDip?

Thanks again.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
azazell64 said:
TS,

Did you just use an adhesion promoter on the "chrome" portion of the faux gas cap in order to get the paint to stick or did you use something similar to a PlastiDip?

Thanks again.

Cleaned, used Plastikote Plastic Primer, three light coats of black spray paint and two coats of clean.

TMO Supporting Vendors