The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Faux gas cap emblem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Received my custom Boss 302 Faux Gas Cap emblem Friday from Emblempros;
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/14458/24147
We had a group buy going, George may still offer a $15.00 discount, have to email him & ask.
Little pricey, but a nice touch. Comes with a replacement center emblem ready to apply with 3M tape, adhesive promoter & extra 3M tape for re installing the faux gas cap.
Haven't installed yet, will post pics when finished. I'm still looking for a donor faux gas cap, so I can retain my original one.
DSC05632.jpg

Looking good. I've been following the thread over at TMS and was surprised that the one guy drilled out his emblem from the outside without taking the whole "wart" off first. Here's a photo of how I removed mine. I'd take it off and do it right, it's not that hard and you'll be glad you did. Let me know if you have any questions about removing it.

P1030518.jpg
P1030519.jpg
P1030513.jpg

GA
My blackout panel with built-in running pony emblem was $200. It is a nice quality piece though, so it was worth the money.

PJWANNABE said:
My blackout panel with built-in running pony emblem was $200. It is a nice quality piece though, so it was worth the money.

PJ,
What did you end up doing with your original faux cap?

GA
aircare84 said:
PJWANNABE said:

PJ,
What did you end up doing with your original faux cap?

I still have my GT faux cap along with my other GT take-off parts.

Can you tell me where you saw the panel for $120.00?

thanks Paul

captdistraction said:
I found the 2013 panels for about $120, which also includes the pony. Thinking about getting one of those and shaving the mounting tabs off of it, but that's down the road.

My car is 4 different colors right now and I want to get that back down to 2.

TMO Supporting Vendors