The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 floor mats replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was wondering, is it possible to order new Boss 302 floor mats at some point?
Since these things don't have eternal life at some point they're just not going to look very good anymore, especially the one on the driver's side.

What are you guys doing with your mats? Put something on top? Use another mat altogether to keep the 302 ones nice or is it possible to simply order new ones at some point?

I'm using a set of black GT mats for everyday use. Keep the Boss ones for shows, etc.
Lloyds makes a set of Boss 302 mats now as well.

If you're worried about it get a set of these and save your stock ones. These are much nicer.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lloyd-mats-floor-mat-carpeted-black-with-boss-302-logo-set-2011-2012/p/FM188/

FM188.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
If you're worried about it get a set of these and save your stock ones. These are much nicer.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lloyd-mats-floor-mat-carpeted-black-with-boss-302-logo-set-2011-2012/p/FM188/
I have those exact same ones in my Boss. I didnt get the Option for nicer Boss mats and bought these shortly after I got the car. Worth the money.

I use these

http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/floorliner-digitalfit/

I don't have the Boss mats package. I like that these protect the floor. The driver's side fits perfect, the passenger side does not but I have been thinking about hitting it with some heat and fitting it better, as it just gapes a bit. I have the Husky Weatherbeaters in my truck, they don't provide as good of coverage usually and I don't like the material as much but they work good too. Actually a better fit than the Weathertechs, but it is a different car.

I put the Llyod mats in my Boss and the drivers side is all matted down and looks terrible. It doesn't really bother me as I just use them to keep the carpet clean. If I was to show my car I would take the Lloyds out and put the factory Boss ones in.

Justin

06mach1 said:
I put the Llyod mats in my Boss and the drivers side is all matted down and looks terrible. It doesn't really bother me as I just use them to keep the carpet clean. If I was to show my car I would take the Lloyds out and put the factory Boss ones in.
I wish they would make them like they used to make the 05-09 mats thick and heavy with a real backing. now they are flimsy and cheap like the factory...for the same price.

I got the husky liners and they're pretty great. They completely cover the dead pedal area, they don't interfere with the pedals and they a bit cheaper than the weathertech liners.

Justin

rpm3dinc said:
You can get those same floor mats (Like on CjPony) for $99 from Summit Racing. I just a catalog today that had them in there... Just FYI
I checked CJ after 109 and summit charges 10 dollar handling fee so keep that in mind.

Justin

302BOB said:
another option http://www.blueovalindustries.com/interior/2010-2013/fm2170.html
good find. might have to pick those up at some point. those with the boss floor mat option did it come with rear floor mats?

boss2511 said:
06mach1 said:
I wish they would make them like they used to make the 05-09 mats thick and heavy with a real backing. now they are flimsy and cheap like the factory...for the same price.

I just got a set in after everyone raving about them. They seem better than the factory, but they are not as nice as I was expecting based on what I read online.

TMO Supporting Vendors