The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 floor mats replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgc76

Life is good
I bought the Husky Liners. I had some extra 70 Boss valve cover decals. Put them on some thin white plastic. Trimmed them to fit the recessed Husky Liner logo stamped in the liners. Covered it with heavy clear tape on the top and affixed them in the recesses using double sided foam trim tape. I have received many compliments. Looks great, it's cheap and the Husky liners protect so well and are easy to clean.

Received my dark grey CoCo Mats yesterday. I did a custom pattern to get more coverage. On the passenger side I ran the mat all the way up to where the carpet stops. The mat color and pattern look really very good with the dash material and are lighter than the carpet so won't show dirt as much.

The only thing I'd do differently next time would be to go with a solid mat on the driver's side and leave out the grommets. Because of the shape of the floorpan the mat lays much better over the top of the stock mat. The heavy rubber backing on the mats with the rubber nubbins keep them from going anywhere without clipping them to the grommets. Both of my mats are placed over the stock mats.

If anyone is interested in these call Drew at CoCo Mats and tell him you want the Boss 302 pattern (without grommets) - 1-800-461-3533. They run around $150 for the set. There are lots of other colors and color combinations available that can be seen at www.cocomats.com. I have no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer.

DSCN3083_zpsb94727f2.jpg

DSCN3089_zps6acb4c05.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
If you're worried about it get a set of these and save your stock ones. These are much nicer.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lloyd-mats-floor-mat-carpeted-black-with-boss-302-logo-set-2011-2012/p/FM188/

FM188.jpg

Do they have that ugly CJ Pony parts logo on them ?

ufnavy06 said:
Nope. That's just a watermark.

+1, I got them and they are very nice. My only complaint is the drivers side mat does not have the holes for the anchors. Other than that they re very nice. My stock ones are now safe and sound.

NFSBOSS said:
If you're worried about it get a set of these and save your stock ones. These are much nicer.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lloyd-mats-floor-mat-carpeted-black-with-boss-302-logo-set-2011-2012/p/FM188/

FM188.jpg

Got these now and like them better than the stock ones. Plus, the car smells new again for now! Thanks for suggesting these.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
I have the Lloyd mats and they have the grommets in them as shown in the pic.

FLGator said:
I have the Lloyd mats and they have the grommets in them as shown in the pic.

Yeah, I misspoke... the drivers side has grommets but my passenger side mat does not even though the car has anchors for the passenger side. Its no biggy. I think they look good.

TMO Supporting Vendors