The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 fog light openings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Maryland
Does anyone know where you can get Boss 302 fog light openings that have been drilled out or 3D printed? I saw somewhere online a few months ago that someone was selling a set of 3D printed ones and I heard someone on here sold something similar. I really don’t want to pay $300 for the boss 302S grille. And I don’t want to remove the whole grille either to install mesh. Mines a 2013 and I’m pretty sure the whole front bumper cover has to be taken off to get the grille out. Thanks for any direction for whoever can help.

E79BE6A7-6514-4714-BF10-AA09504A0E4F.jpeg

If you have a ''12 Boss you can drill them out yourself with a 5/16 drill bit..it'll take you less the 20 mins. If you have a '13 Boss, you can pull out the faux fog lite caps if you want more air flow....Your pic looks a lot like how my faux fog lites look drilled out...I did have to touch up a few spots with a black magic marker.....

Does anyone know where you can get Boss 302 fog light openings that have been drilled out or 3D printed? I saw somewhere online a few months ago that someone was selling a set of 3D printed ones and I heard someone on here sold something similar. I really don’t want to pay $300 for the boss 302S grille. And I don’t want to remove the whole grille either to install mesh. Mines a 2013 and I’m pretty sure the whole front bumper cover has to be taken off to get the grille out. Thanks for any direction for whoever can help.

View attachment 58837
Here is 3D printed covers that are open for improved cooling. A variety of colors were available, $70 from GB. Guy hung out here on TMO, I am looking for contact info

DBB30EA5-7685-4B37-8908-6D61675348FC.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Maryland
If you have a ''12 Boss you can drill them out yourself with a 5/16 drill bit..it'll take you less the 20 mins. If you have a '13 Boss, you can pull out the faux fog lite caps if you want more air flow....Your pic looks a lot like how my faux fog lites look drilled out...I did have to touch up a few spots with a black magic marker.....
I’d love to see pictures of someone that’s drilled them out. Just worried about it not looking very good.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Maryland
Here is 3D printed covers that are open for improved cooling. A variety of colors were available, $70 from GB. Guy hung out here on TMO, I am looking for contact info

View attachment 58843
[/QUOT I’d love a set if he can still make them

View attachment 58843
I’d love a set if he can still make them

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I remember these from years ago, but the guy that designed & originally wrote the 3D printer program moved back to France (2014ish ?) & I haven’t seen them offered for sale as new since.

With that said, I haven scoured the internet for them either.

I remember these from years ago, but the guy that designed & originally wrote the 3D printer program moved back to France (2014ish ?) & I haven’t seen them offered for sale as new since.

With that said, I haven scoured the internet for them either.
Yes to France, thanks for refreshing my memory.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
So the reason they are there is to prohibit snow pack in the air intake of the Cold air OEM air box.

If you need more air, just take’em out & be thankful Ford gave you the option to remove them in the 13MY.

If you have a 12MY just cut’em out & save 300USD.

Buy tires instead.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Maryland
I have spent the past 30 minutes going through every file and receipt and still couldn’t find the transaction or the 3D maker’s name, thanks for remembering it was Richard Maigrot. Still my files need work...
I found him on Facebook through TMO Facebook group and reached out to him. I will let you know if he gets back to me. Was thinking about ordering a few sets if he can still make them Incase anyone else wants them.

TMO Supporting Vendors