The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302/Ford Racing Stickers In Mail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Hey guys, I know this was posted before but can't seem to find the thread, but can anyone tell me where the Ford Racing sticker goes (the one that comes in the mail stating it is licensed by Badillo Engineering)? Apparently a total of two are supposed to come at some point that go inside the engine bay, but I'd like to know where to place them. I distinctly remember someone saying something about the driver's side strut tower but don't remember which sticker goes where...does it ultimately matter? Thanks in advance.

Maybe its because I've worked about 80 hours this week already, but what are you talking about? Is this for an aftermarket part?

It comes with TracKey. Personally I wouldn't install it until it's needed.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
NFSBOSS said:
It comes with TracKey. Personally I wouldn't install it until it's needed.

For the most part, I concur. 99.9% of the emissions stations aren't going to know what a tracKey is... let alone if it is installed. Mine is pretty much covered by the black sound material on that strut tower... to read the entire thing you'd need to pull that cover back. I now have an AiRaid PJ intake on the car... so I figure that I can say the sticker covers that :)

JScheier said:
For the most part, I concur. 99.9% of the emissions stations aren't going to know what a tracKey is... let alone if it is installed. Mine is pretty much covered by the black sound material on that strut tower... to read the entire thing you'd need to pull that cover back. I now have an AiRaid PJ intake on the car... so I figure that I can say the sticker covers that :)
Excellent idea but I'm not sure that will fly here in CA. My first smog check isn't due for another four years so I have time to think about it. My point was to install the decal, in a non permanent fashion, before you take it to a smog check station and then remove it after you pass smog.

Don't smog it on the track key and there should not be a problem. I put my sticker on the left rear door jam with all the other crap

I put my sticker on the back side of the drivers side shock tower,there is a perfect spot that the sticker fits perfectly,kind of a tight spot.Looks like factory installed.The inspector may have to look for it,but it's on there.Just had it inspected today,all he did is scan the sticker on the windsheild and put the new sticker on,I only have a little over 8,000 miles.

I got the sticker from Ford Racing today. 5 days after Track Key install. No instructions in the letter on where to place. As long as accessible on the vehicle is ok or does anyone sure of the proper location? I like to door jamb idea. Less heat there for the inevitable delamination of the adhesive.

USNjocson said:
Did my trackey key too but no sticker. Is there a specific line to call?

The letter today has no phone number.

It was from Ford Racing. 38000 Amrhein
Livonia, MI. 48150-1016

Look the up and maybe a number will be listed

TMO Supporting Vendors