The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 garage art?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Over the years of going to cars shows, I have collected some decent factory and dealer give away posters of mostly Fox era and newer Mustangs. When I built my garage a few years ago, I bought cheap movie poster frames and put all of them up as garage decoration.

I was recently at the 2016 Ford Carlisle, PA show/swap meet and picked up a 'Boss 302 Blvd' sign. The dealer had many to choose from in various color combinations from the classic Boss 302s. Since I have a silver/red LS, I bought one that was as close to my colors as possible with a red background and raised white lettering. I masked off the sign, cut the letters out, and spray painted it with metallic silver.

As bought:
gqVczWk.jpg

Painted:
urrwFuU.jpg

On the wall with the factory Boss 302 poster:
T7YyVgj.jpg

Lesson learned with masking off uneven areas: Use a quality painter's tape and not cheap masking tape. The masking tape does not adhere to the raised surface of the sign well enough to prevent the spray paint from seeping under the edge of the tape. The edges are not as crisp as the originally painted sign. But, 8 feet up on the wall, nobody can tell!

Does anybody else have any interesting Boss 302 or other Ford garage art? "Art" is a subjective term.

Check with @rpm3dinc as he makes some cool stuff.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=28.0

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
If the silver paint is still soft, you might be able to clean up the edges with Q-tips and alcohol. Acetone might work if it's been more than a week or two. Otherwise, I think it looks great on the wall.

I did do some clean up of obvious areas before putting it on the wall. I don't think it turned out too bad considering my methods! ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel