The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 handling package Available for Track Day cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We are making the handling package used on our SCCA T-1 and T-2 Mustang GTs and Boss 302's available for track day cars..

In addition to the Ford Racing suspension, we use Penske shocks to achieve some of the best handling you will ever find in a mustang for Road course use...

Give me a call to discuss setup and components and pricing. Each build is customized to your needs.

Joe

610-482-0141
[email protected]

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I think I am turning toward coil overs...I feel like I am just postponing the inevitable and will be wasting money not going to coil overs now. Are you guys doing any coil over systems? I have been looking at a few but I have no experience with them. You can see in my signature what I have done to the car so far. Let me know, thanks.

Flyboygsxr said:
I think I am turning toward coil overs...I feel like I am just postponing the inevitable and will be wasting money not going to coil overs now. Are you guys doing any coil over systems? I have been looking at a few but I have no experience with them. You can see in my signature what I have done to the car so far. Let me know, thanks.

Flyboygsxr, it seems like you already have a fair number of suspensions mod done and you like to go to coilover now, so that tells me if money is not an issue, people can get a significant improvement by going straight to coilovers? Because if I modify my suspension, I want to do it pretty much once to cut down on labor money too. ;D

13Boss#3328 said:
Flyboygsxr, it seems like you already have a fair number of suspensions mod done and you like to go to coilover now, so that tells me if money is not an issue, people can get a significant improvement by going straight to coilovers? Because if I modify my suspension, I want to do it pretty much once to cut down on labor money too. ;D

Since it looks like you have a "standard" Boss keep in mind that the factory rear suspension was not designed for coilovers...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if PhoenixBoss302's kits address this..

2HP

PS - Pics would go a long way towards promoting your wares ;-)

VTBoss302

VTBoss302 said:
Since it looks like you have a "standard" Boss keep in mind that the factory rear suspension was not designed for coilovers...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if PhoenixBoss302's kits address this..

2HP

PS - Pics would go a long way towards promoting your wares ;-)

VTBoss302

So with the non-LS Boss you can't get just something KW V3 installed? So we are just limited springs and other non-coilover type of upgrades?

13Boss#3328 said:
So with the non-LS Boss you can't get just something KW V3 installed? So we are just limited springs and other non-coilover type of upgrades?
The Boss and LS cars are the same. Lots of people install coilovers on the S197 Mustangs with no issues. The only minor concern is if the top mount of the rear dampers is strong enough and AFAIK it's not an issue.

TMO Supporting Vendors