The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Actually just checked and 1st to 4th is taller in the stage three but fifth is still 1 to 1. Its quite noticeable, with the stock MT82 I liked the 3.31 rear, But with the calimer box, the 3.31 was nose bleed tall. So went back to the 3.73...... maybe I should have done a 3.55
Or a Tremec.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It was a hard choice that racked my brain for a while... the Tremec would have ment new drive shaft clutch etc and lots more $$$ (approx $5700). Where as the MT82 was just plug and play and has a higher torque limit then the tremec.

When Ford made the electric S550 Mule with the 1000hp motor, they used the calimer stage 3, I felt maybe made the right choice for a change!!

Plus I have already the MGW shifter andthe MT82 weighs less!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
It was a hard choice that racked my brain for a while... the Tremec would have ment new drive shaft clutch etc and lots more $$$ (approx $5700). Where as the MT82 was just plug and play and has a higher torque limit then the tremec.

When Ford made the electric S550 Mule with the 1000hp motor, they used the calimer stage 3, I felt maybe made the right choice for a change!!

Plus I have already the MGW shifter andthe MT82 weighs less!!
More than 700 ft/lbs?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
More than 700 ft/lbs?

the blurb!

Everyone knows the MT-82 life can be difficult. Whether it's just luck of the draw or failure from the street/track we have the solution for you. The Calimer Transmissions Stage 3 Built MT-82!
This is the most extreme MT82 build you can find on the Market Today. The Stage 3 features a G-Force gear set that is designed to withstand 1000hp and 900tq. They also come with a 26 spline input shaft, Carbon Fiber Syncros, REM Polishing, Bronze Shift Pads and Billet Shift rail stop. This Transmission will make slightly more noise than stock due to the billet gears. Transmissions come with 2011-2014 tail-shaft, for 2015+ Vehicles, you will need to use the 2015+ tail-shaft. 2018+ Mustangs require the use of an 11-17 Slave Cylinder. The Transmission will ship dry, so you must add fluid. Calimer Transmissions prefers 2.75 quart Amsoil 75-90 transaxle fluid.
Gear Ratio

1st: 3.46 2nd: 2.29 3rd: 1.61 4th: 1.26 5th: 1.1 6th: 0.61

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
the blurb!

Everyone knows the MT-82 life can be difficult. Whether it's just luck of the draw or failure from the street/track we have the solution for you. The Calimer Transmissions Stage 3 Built MT-82!
This is the most extreme MT82 build you can find on the Market Today. The Stage 3 features a G-Force gear set that is designed to withstand 1000hp and 900tq. They also come with a 26 spline input shaft, Carbon Fiber Syncros, REM Polishing, Bronze Shift Pads and Billet Shift rail stop. This Transmission will make slightly more noise than stock due to the billet gears. Transmissions come with 2011-2014 tail-shaft, for 2015+ Vehicles, you will need to use the 2015+ tail-shaft. 2018+ Mustangs require the use of an 11-17 Slave Cylinder. The Transmission will ship dry, so you must add fluid. Calimer Transmissions prefers 2.75 quart Amsoil 75-90 transaxle fluid.
Gear Ratio

1st: 3.46 2nd: 2.29 3rd: 1.61 4th: 1.26 5th: 1.1 6th: 0.61
Thats awesome!
My son has a track pack 50th anniversary s550 and I love the ratios, doesn't shift all that good but its all stock.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well just got back from the Dyno... I should have taken my Hoosiers as we had a little bit of traction loss with the street tires. But the tune is very safe, Going to ask Shaun if we can do another degree of advance. Or at least see why the Knock only advances a steady 3 degrees instead of a more typical 4 degrees. These are on 93 fuel

1613413421550.png

If we started gently we could go a little higher like so....

1613413468789.png

Thats a little short of what I was hoping for but maybe this way it will last longer, Its still about 540 hp to the motor.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Looks like the MAF rate rule is pretty good at guessing the flywheel HP. I got 53.99 today.
MAF rate rule?
Educate me here, I'm not familiar with this rule.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
On the SCT logs you can see the MAF flow rate in Lbs/min. The urben legend has it that the MAF rate x 10 is your engine HP at the flywheel. In this case mine was 54 and coincides nicely with 540 flywheel hp assuming 15% drive train loss.

PS... sort of Voodoo logging rule.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Funny story behind the competition.... My main new rival with a 2016 Porsche GT3 called me up to say that his engine blew up with the famed 991.1 bomb or also know as
MotordieSprengungenvonselbst (thats translated as Engine the blows up by its self) syndrome. At least Porsche it putting in a new motor for free due to the hyper extended warranty.

MAF.... Mad ass Far...

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Actually, looking at the logs something was no right. Apart from a weird problem of signal resulution from the sct, Spark advance at the dyno was only 26 degrees where as on the street logs it was 27.5. Asked Shawn about it and he thought maybe a false knock issue. They did have some problems with tie downs becuase of the under axle exhaust and did use some chains...... Will log again on the street, but I am hopeful the numbers will go up. 1.5 degrees of advance is a fair chunk of power! Maybe migh get near that 480 rwhp mark after all.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Might this help with securing it at the dyno next time?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Might this help with securing it at the dyno next time?

Thats a cool idea. thanks Coz

TMO Supporting Vendors