The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Awsome, if some what stressfull day. Wil post pics and video later in the week. Left two GT4s behind me and made the fastes none Cup GT4 work a little. Some major UCA vibrations, and a leaking tranny added some grey hairs.. (not many left so its by each hair)..

QUally was...
1630292380641.png

First race was....
1630292462638.png

Yours truelly thought half a tank was enough for the 20min race...not.. ran out of gas 200m from the finish line.... What a Nittwit
1630292623376.png

But got enough points to finish second overall in my category... The GT4 ahead of me is in the next category up. Not bad for Hoosiers with 28 heat cycles!!!!!! His had 6.

1630292853942.png

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Reminds me of a Bob Aking quote...

“You can’t make a racehorse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig.”​

TMO could be called the fast pig breeding farm!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Madhatter and his supersonic swine, nah, I am going to go with Matt and the Mustang who thought he could ----- love the overachieving since on paper you not be beating many of those cars. What , you can't outrun a full Porsche GT3, ha. Hang in there and we are all looking forward to your videos.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
looking at the video.... I feel like an idiot, the vibration was too much for the camara.... Probably should not have driven but after so much time without racing, could not help myself. Will see If I can put one together.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No worries Mad, looks like you go " Hog Wild " on the track all the time, ha! Sorry, I didn't mean to ham it up, but definitely have the chops to beat folks with more expensive toys - congrats.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Awsome, if some what stressfull day. Wil post pics and video later in the week. Left two GT4s behind me and made the fastes none Cup GT4 work a little. Some major UCA vibrations, and a leaking tranny added some grey hairs.. (not many left so its by each hair)..

QUally was...
View attachment 67909

First race was....
View attachment 67910

Yours truelly thought half a tank was enough for the 20min race...not.. ran out of gas 200m from the finish line.... What a Nittwit
View attachment 67911

But got enough points to finish second overall in my category... The GT4 ahead of me is in the next category up. Not bad for Hoosiers with 28 heat cycles!!!!!! His had 6.

View attachment 67912
I find it comical, you have the list of all these Spanish sounding names and right in the middle there is "Mathew Thomson". You must stick out like a sore thumb.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup thats me.... El Gringo ________ .... Some times they add some colorfull words to the phrase.

And its true. the turds swirl the other way here!! I have checked and verified the fact!!

Funny thing is that I dont stick out "that" much, lots of taller drivers with european back rounds. For some reaon, they though its was a good idea putting me in charge of our category. They thought I would be fair!! :D:cool:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol!!! they would love to buy some land!! Actually this guy told me he is looking for some land in Florida while we where waiting for our race... I told him maybe he should rethink the idea unless he gets a house with stilts. :rolleyes:

1630462668642.png

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks! More of a gin and tonic guy myself. On the way home my rear view mirror fell apart, Going to have to go and check everything.

TMO Supporting Vendors