The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Funny enough not much of that in Chile. Have Been working here for over 30 years now and only had one corrupt government type how wanted cash to grease the wheel and let us work. We just told him to do his worst and get lost, and nothing negative ever happened.

This track is under probation for sound, and if they step out of line again it will probably be sold for housing. Which would be terrible as its the only 1st class track we have.

with out it, we would go from this......at 2.7miles
1652816597829.png

to this.... with 1 mile

1652816672819.png
😭

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Funny enough not much of that in Chile. Have Been working here for over 30 years now and only had one corrupt government type how wanted cash to grease the wheel and let us work. We just told him to do his worst and get lost, and nothing negative ever happened.

This track is under probation for sound, and if they step out of line again it will probably be sold for housing. Which would be terrible as its the only 1st class track we have.

with out it, we would go from this......at 2.7miles
View attachment 75973

to this.... with 1 mile

View attachment 75974
😭
Mufflers aren't that bad....better to make sound with some safety margin than to lose a track.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Having been through some of this garbage, as the president of a kart club, I would recommend that all of the racers come together to fight this clown. As an example, what is the decibel rating that is required? where is it measured? why is it measured there and not at the property line? what does the law say about it?, did this guy move in after the track was built and because he did not do due diligence he now wants to change everything? Take your measuring devices and measure his neighbor's A/C unit chances are, it makes more noise than the track (I actually did this, and then contacted the local newspaper about it) You need to fight this with all resources, because if you play nice, these clowns will just keep pushing until the track is closed. Do not play nice, now is the time to go for the throat and stop this guy in his tracks. Use facebook (even though it sucks) local newspapers, e mail, contact any local government officials.. whatever.
Last resort, you can always Pinochet his butt out of a helicopter.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The helicopter thing has "fallen" out of favor. Besides copters are running at over $1000/hour now. The owners of the track are really very mentally challenged, they have made a complete hash out of community relations and permitting.

Have 17days left to get the the car under the sound limits or will be watching instead of racing. No time for any thing fancy so might be making some Laguna Pipes.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The helicopter thing has "fallen" out of favor. Besides copters are running at over $1000/hour now. The owners of the track are really very mentally challenged, they have made a complete hash out of community relations and permitting.

Have 17days left to get the the car under the sound limits or will be watching instead of racing. No time for any thing fancy so might be making some Laguna Pipes.
If you’re close that should be enough.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I just got a report in now and they say I am at 93.1db at 6500rpm in the sound cabin (refused to take in any higher out of gear). And I can not get on the track for a sound test until I pass the cabin..... Where it would be easier to pass the 100 db limit as I am at 100.8!!

TMO Supporting Vendors