The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Were are busy negotiating our track fees for next year. Prices went up a whole lot and they want payment up front for the year, regardless if you have a car to race that day or not.... What to you guys pay up north?? I imagine that its per event???

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Were are busy negotiating our track fees for next year. Prices went up a whole lot and they want payment up front for the year, regardless if you have a car to race that day or not.... What to you guys pay up north?? I imagine that its per event???
You had to bring that up....

(Last years charges)
One 15 min qualifier and one 20-30 min race each day. (usually 25 mins.) So, about 40 min track time per day or about 476.00/hr.

Race.PNG

Thats with zero practise....not one lap.

Occasionally there is a practise the day before the race:

test.PNG
If you want to rent a garage its 150.00/day extra.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nasa on the other hand is much less expensive and they race your balls off with a bunch of extra "qualifying races" which I find pointless, BUT you get a ton of track time provided you don't mind sharing the track with 90 of your closest friends in 50 different classes ranging from AIX to miatas:

nasa.PNG

Garage fees are half.....just 75.00/day:
garage.PNG
What I save in entry fees I more than spend on tires.
More track time = More tires. Careful what you wish for.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks Sal, will put my gripes in a box and seal them up. I thought that our big jump to US$275 was expensive. Thats for about 1 hour of track time: practice, qually and two 20min races. The video and noisy comentators are included.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Thanks Sal, will put my gripes in a box and seal them up. I thought that our big jump to US$275 was expensive. Thats for about 1 hour of track time: practice, qually and two 20min races. The video and noisy comentators are included.
I love the commentators on your videos. Those guys are doing a terrific job covering the events. Too bad I don't speak Spanish.
The only time we got any coverage at all was at the NASA Nationals....and that was pretty dang good I thought.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Wait, is it Spanish or Portuguese? Chilean? What language is spoken there?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Here its Spanish... How can you live in California and not speak spanish!!??? :hellyeah: When I go to florida, I found I get a better reception if I speak Spanish. Defined as bigger plates of food etc!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Here its Spanish... How can you live in California and not speak spanish!!??? :hellyeah: When I go to florida, I found I get a better reception if I speak Spanish. Defined as bigger plates of food etc!!
I know right?
I grew up in Santa Barbara, a big mexican heritage town, you'd think I would have picked some of it up.
Hell, I'm 100% Italian and all I know is some of the bad words.
I do speak a little race car though...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thats going to do you just fine!

Well ready for Sundays race. Last of the season, but with all the missed races, I can only hope for 4th overall.

1670530527826.png

Its a good grid with more cars then usual in my class, but its going to be really hot. The track temps today were 65 deg. C or 149 F. All I want to do is beat the fastest GT4 cars this time round to keep him nervous for 2023.

Have new solid engine mounts in... And surprised to say that the vibrations are way more subtle then I thought they would be. Pieced together the best of my used Dunlops and will try my best on Sunday. Will post the link for the streaming so you guys can practice your Spanish!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We will all be waiting to hear how T-Homm -Sun does in the raze! I announce races and folks tell me I have a tendency to get excited , but I doubt I hold a candle to the guys telling spectators the story of racing in Chile, because they excite even those who don't speak Spanish.

TMO Supporting Vendors