The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 In the Back Find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool website. It is amazing how many muscle cars ended up like that, usually after someone blew the engine or trans and didn't have the cash to fix it. I drive past a roadhouse every day to/from work, and for years they had a 1979 Trans Am in great shape sitting out back. I went back and looked at it one time, it was a 403/auto which didn't interest me, but it only had 30K miles and was loaded to the gills with t-tops, the velour seats, A/C, factory AM/FM/8-track/CB, etc. I asked the owner what the deal was, and he said a friend asked him in 1987 if he could park it out back, and then the guy vaporized. This was in 1996 or so, I guess. The car just sat there and rotted in the sun. The bar changed hands in 2000 or so, and the car disappeared. Such a waste. That same bar now has one of the infamous Pinto "Cruising Wagons" sitting out back. The way things go, even that will someday be worth something!

I wonder what he paid for that '70 Boss. That shaker assembly alone is worth thousands.

TMO Supporting Vendors