The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
I was shopping for insurance (need to keep em honest every few years) and one company (esurance) wont cover it because it is a limited edition (so they can make money on comprehensive since it isnt dropping)

Got me thinking and my Classic car policy (Haggerty) will accept my Boss for ~800 a year for full agreed value coverage. ( I have a beater truck as a driver)

Have any of you put their Bosses on collector/specialty insurance , any thoughts pros/cons? Will that protect my value better?

Thanks in Advance.

I'm a licensed insurance agent in Texas and I have my Boss on a collector policy through Classic Collector's by Infinity. My recommendation is to carefully read the restrictions/guidelines of your particular company.
Some of the more common restrictions are:
1. Mileage limitations
2. Pleasure use only and NOT driven to work
3. No coverage on track
4. Kept in fully enclosed locked garage.
"Agreed Value" is the coverage you want (not "stated value") where you and the company agree on a value at the time the policy is issued.
If you can live with the limitations/restrictions of the policy then go for it!
Just make sure you understand them BEFORE a claim.
Good luck.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
My beater is a 1995 and Haggerty brought that up, but I have been on Haggerty for 15 years w/o incident so they told me they'd gloss over that in underwriting

2012Boss302 said:
How old is your "beater" old truck? Hagerty and Grundy wouldn't insure me because my Hooptie is too old, 1999.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
I have two classic cars already so I know the drill..

1. Mileage limitations Pleasure use only and NOT driven to work
Average 3-4k per year on my Boss (they are cool with it) spread driving between the other two classics (72 Gran Torino and a 67 Stang GT Fsrbk) and the 'beater' AND I take the train to work (long island , NY)

3. No coverage on track

I buy track insurance separately each time

4. Kept in fully enclosed locked garage.

Check

"Agreed Value" is the coverage you want (not "stated value") where you and the company agree on a value at the time the policy is issued.
If you can live with the limitations/restrictions of the policy then go for it!

Check

Just make sure you understand them BEFORE a claim.
Good luck.
[/quote]

I have mine insured with Heacock collector car insurance. It saves me a boatload of money over standard insurance. Yes there are mileage restrictions, but I never come close anyway. If you drive your car less than 3000 miles a year and keep it garaged, it's highly worth it. I also have agreed upon value as well.

I have my 2013 LS insured by Infinity Collector Car. Saved me a lot over my normal insurance and it is agreed value. I priced the others after my agent recommended Infinity and Infinity had the best price of the collector car insurance companies for me.

In Ontario Canada I am with Hagerty through Lant Insurance. Usual collector car limitations including the requirement to have a fully insured daily driver. There are no mileage limitations for my Boss and it is to be used as a hobby. No insurance coverage on track days, but there are a couple insurance companies in Ontario that now offer Track Day coverage.

I checked with Lant/Hagerty (whom I have 2 of my collector cars insured with) when I bought my Boss and their quote was a little higher than with my daily driver insurance company. Lant told me that they do not offer only comprehensive coverage and if I parked my Boss during the winter and only keep comprehensive coverage my normal insurance company saves me about 50% of the annual charge. In others words, comprehensive coverage is about $10 a month instead of $100 a month with driving coverage. I store my Boss for about 6 months per year. It is insured with my daily driver insurance policy for pleasure driving 8000km limit per year and replacement value until 2018(5 years). I will move it to Lant then at an agreed value if it is worth it.

I'm shopping new insurance now. Can someone tell me what they agreed on as a replacement value for the Boss. I don't want to undervalue so it would help to know what is reasonable.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I would start with KBB.com and http://www.nadaguides.com/ for book value.

Agreed value policies will accommodate the purchaser to a point. Don't expect a $75k value unless the car is one of the special editions ford built.

The rate is a percentage of the value. Want more back you will pay a higher premium.

DOM529

302 in 416
RR2334 said:
I checked with Lant/Hagerty (whom I have 2 of my collector cars insured with) when I bought my Boss and their quote was a little higher than with my daily driver insurance company. Lant told me that they do not offer only comprehensive coverage and if I parked my Boss during the winter and only keep comprehensive coverage my normal insurance company saves me about 50% of the annual charge. In others words, comprehensive coverage is about $10 a month instead of $100 a month with driving coverage. I store my Boss for about 6 months per year. It is insured with my daily driver insurance policy for pleasure driving 8000km limit per year and replacement value until 2018(5 years). I will move it to Lant then at an agreed value if it is worth it.

I the same results. Kept it with Lant as I have the balance of my 70 that I sold and will park it in Dec as it looks like we have some driving time still available. My daily is with RBC and about the same rates and no restrictions that come with the collector. Do you know of any local Ins companies that offer Track Coverage or do the Tracks offer insurance for the day?
Took my ride out this past Sunday for a ride and it was great to be able to this late into the year. :p

DOM529 said:
I the same results. Kept it with Lant as I have the balance of my 70 that I sold and will park it in Dec as it looks like we have some driving time still available. My daily is with RBC and about the same rates and no restrictions that come with the collector. Do you know of any local Ins companies that offer Track Coverage or do the Tracks offer insurance for the day?
Took my ride out this past Sunday for a ride and it was great to be able to this late into the year. :p

Haven't looked into track day coverage yet, as I haven't tracked the Boss yet. I will ask a buddy with a GB 2013 Boss that has tracked his car. Get back to you after I ask him.

Oh, I can check with my cousin who tracked his 2015 M4, I'm sure he did get some coverage for his track session.

DOM529 said:
Took my ride out this past Sunday for a ride and it was great to be able to this late into the year. [emoji14]
For track insurance i use lockton affinity. Google them. They offer discount packages if you are doing a few track days/year

Same like the collector insurance. Pick your agreed value (you can go higher if you want to list modifications), pick your deductible and they give you the quote. Very ez

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel