The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Key Chain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I recently purchased an uncirculated Boss 302 key chain from eBay so I don't have to use mine from my owners kit.

I stumbled across another one on eBay from a different seller and I thought might be good to have a spare except the description on this one was for an issued version.

No specifics other than it was for a 2012. I didn't ask what car number as I didn't really care too much at the time. I thought I might try and possibly reunite it with the owner if they were a member here. Who knows.

Well I got the key chain in the mail yesterday and I was surprised to see that it belongs to the 2012 LS001. I was not expecting that.

zese4u9y.jpg

a9azyqyn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow that's cool!

Wait....they sell blanks??? I've been trying to find my owners kit for a bit now.
But where can I get a blank for now?

Cobra700 said:
Wow that's cool!

Wait....they sell blanks??? I've been trying to find my owners kit for a bit now.
But where can I get a blank for now?

Just gotta keep an eye on eBay. They come up once in a blue moon.

Darth Boss said:
So I recently purchased an uncirculated Boss 302 key chain from eBay so I don't have to use mine from my owners kit.

I stumbled across another one on eBay from a different seller and I thought might be good to have a spare except the description on this one was for an issued version.

No specifics other than it was for a 2012. I didn't ask what car number as I didn't really care too much at the time. I thought I might try and possibly reunite it with the owner if they were a member here. Who knows.

Well I got the key chain in the mail yesterday and I was surprised to see that it belongs to the 2012 LS001. I was not expecting that.

zese4u9y.jpg

a9azyqyn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Certainly interesting how Ford numbered the 2012 regular production LS cars with only 3 numbers on the build sequence plate and then came up with 4 numbers on the build sequence plate for all of the MP, PP and TT cars regardless if they were LS cars or not?

If you look at the build sequence plate on the 2012 "MP","PP" or "TT" cars they used a prefix of "MP", "PP" or "TT"and then a 4 numbered sequence for these cars and not 3 as in the regular production Boss 302 cars.

For the 2013 production year Ford then again changed its format again and for all of the "PP" cars (21 in total?) Ford used only 3 numbers for the LS cars and 4 numbers for the non LS "PP" cars which is totally different from what they did in 2012 where they kept all of the PP cars in the same numbered sequence.

In 2012 all of the "PP" or "TT" cars whether LS cars or not (24 in total) all were lumped together in the same number sequence such as PP0001 to PP0012 or TT0001 to TT0012 regardless if the cars were LS cars or not?

Confused by Ford, I know I am?

Wow, I believe I sat in that car two weeks ago at a car show. That car is owned by a dealership in Ypsilanti MI. They have a 2012 Race Red & 2013 Yellow School bus, both low number car, one was # 001

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Hi,
I would be ever grateful to get blank key chain. Because I don't have the key chain at all. I am the first owner of my '12 yellow blaze, but my owners kit was delivered without key chain. And Ford didn't manage to deliver key chain in 2 years... I got couple of promises though.
Now i have moved to Europe and Ford does not send outside of North America.

Arto

quote author=Grant 302 link=topic=7916.msg116473#msg116473 date=1402425879]
Nice find.

I got one for a spare or to reunite with it's owner...and it was blank.
[/quote]

I called ford racing today per chance to see if the previous owner was shipped the owners kit....he did get it so i am not eligible to get one.

Good news is that in 2 months ford racing will offer some of the same items from the owner kit so 2nd owners like myself can get some of the goodies. As well, he said some new things not offered In the original owners kit will be available too. Curious what those will be....

Heads up everyone! I found this seller selling a Track Key and owners kit. I am not sure if this is a dealer employee stealing from trade-ins or a guy selling keys from scrapped wrecks. But if that key is legit there might be an owner out there missing it.....

He also has two unopened Boss 302 covers.... that makes me suspicious...

I am tempted to buy the key and put up a few posts in different forums to see if anyone in CA is missing one on second hand Boss.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thevtacarguy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Very cool to hear about new owners kit available from frpp. Any other details?
Also it would appear that all the boss items from the ebay link are gone

WinterSucks said:
Heads up everyone! I found this seller selling a Track Key and owners kit. I am not sure if this is a dealer employee stealing from trade-ins or a guy selling keys from scrapped wrecks. But if that key is legit there might be an owner out there missing it.....

He also has two unopened Boss 302 covers.... that makes me suspicious...

I am tempted to buy the key and put up a few posts in different forums to see if anyone in CA is missing one on second hand Boss.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thevtacarguy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I don't see what your taking about.....no covers or red key

Shows how observant I am. I've never taken my key chain out of the bubble wrap so I had no idea it was serialized with the car. Heck of a deal. I would like to have one of those key chains to use. Guess that's something else to keep an eye out for.

TMO Supporting Vendors