The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Kills the SS Camaro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui
I gotta bookmark this for my father in law. All the time I was waiting for my boss, he kept on telling me i should have gotten the Camaro SS.

I raced an as this weekend with an extra person in my 03 Cobra and it was a spanking.
I was eating a chili dog and sipping on a slurpie!

It's not even close so really not the right comparison. It was interesting to see the top speed at 1 mile was 150 mph, which is consistent with the top speed I've seen on my GPS at the end of the nearly mile long front straight at BIR.

I really think they need to do a comparison with a Corvette C6 Grand Sport. The only benchmark I have for comparison is at MPH. They have a school car there and the track manager said his best time in it is 1:43. I turned a 1:38.92 last time in the Boss on r-compound tires. He was on street tires, but there's no way the tires close that gap because the stock Corvette tires are excellent. I'm heading down there for a Corvette event in early October so maybe we'll actually find out ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors