The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302 OWNER AGE??POLL

What is age of Boss Owners?

• 0-21 yrs. old

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 22-31 yrs. old

Votes: 45 12.8%
  • 32-41 yrs. old

Votes: 69 19.7%
  • 42-51 yrs. old

Votes: 117 33.3%
  • 52-61 yrs. old

Votes: 82 23.4%
  • 62-71 yrs. old

Votes: 31 8.8%
  • 72-81 yrs. old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TO OLD TO DRIVE

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got the 5.0 Boss for my 50. Tried to sell my wife on it but she didn't agree so I bought it anyway, left her name off the title. She'll get it anyway if I die so it doesn't matter.

I am 26 and never thought I would own a mustang having hated the way the previous models drive. I drove a friends 5.0 and thought damn, they are getting close. The Boss came out and all th reviews made it sound like it had bridged that gap in road feel that most American cars are missing. I came from an E46 M3. I was actually hunting for a used 996 turbo but figured I had to drive the Boss before I spent 48k on a 10 year old Porsche. After some searching, I found a dealer that would let me test drive one (it was Red), after playing the phone game to get it below MSRP by a decent amount, I bought the Kona blue one with twelve miles on it off the show room floor from the dealer that let me test drive one. I couldn't be happier with it. I let my dad take over what I owed on the M3, significantly less than it is worth and that way I get to still drive the car when I want.

drano38

Wayne
Mid 40s.
Retired from the Air Force a little over a year ago, so now I'm living on my retirement, and spending my new job's salary on my Boss!

Boss240 said:
Im 29 and like Nccstud said dont have much room for mods as this is my toy and my daily driver already has $9k worth of mods.
I'll be turning 29 again this year for the 25th time. :eek:

33, been wanting a Boss for at least 30 of those years. I bought a '69 440/4spd Charger back in college that was so rusty you could almost Fred Flintstone it but it ran pretty good with the posi 4.30 gears :eek: Tried to find a Fairlane 500 for a while after school but didn't want another Flintstone car and couldn't afford a nice one. Had a '69 Sanger jetboat with a breathed on 455 Olds for a while to satiate the big block urge, it was not pretty either but did very close to 70 mph. Various bikes from a '93 CBR 900RR to a Aprilia 550 supermoto, settled down with a ZRX1200R but had the handlebars come loose, pinching the brake line and it did 2 forward flips before landing on me. And that was when I decided it was time to stop all the street bike nonsense, though I still ride offroad with my nephews. Bought an Evo in '06 after graduating grad school, first track car. Loved it but was always afraid it would break. Then sold that and bought an '88 BMW 325IS that I built for spec racing, still working on my license. Now the Boss, still have the little Beemer as my main track car. Had a full size Bronco too, still have it sitting in a barn for use on our cattle ranch, and a Tundra as my work/DD.

You guys with the classic 302s, one day I will be able to afford one. Still my dream car after all these years. Want a '70 because I prefer the clean quarter panels.

32! This is my first Mustang and I think I chose a winner! I grew up in the "import scene" where most of my friends drove modified honda's. I, however, was a DSM guy. I drove a Turbo Eclipse. I also owned a 04' Yamaha R6. Crotch rockets are very addicting but I'm glad I sold it before 1) I got killed or 2) I get arresting for exceeding the freeway speed limit twice over. Anywho, this site is great and I'm glad to be among fellow car fanatics and a great group of genuine individuals. :)

51 here in KY, have owned a mustang since 76, still have a 67 fastback + a 68 coupe and 67 Sunbeam Alpine, 36k car. Really did not think I would have any new Mustang, until I saw this Boss at last years Barrett Jackson, that put a seed in me. Purchased the 1st one that I saw, just happened to be a LS. I have compared this car to owning a 65 Shelby GT350 raw beast, love it!

CaliMR, the 69 and 70 Boss have clean quarter panels, if it is a true Boss!

KYBOSSLS said:
51 here in KY, have owned a mustang since 76, still have a 67 fastback + a 68 coupe and 67 Sunbeam Alpine, 36k car. Really did not think I would have any new Mustang, until I saw this Boss at last years Barrett Jackson, that put a seed in me. Purchased the 1st one that I saw, just happened to be a LS. I have compared this car to owning a 65 Shelby GT350 raw beast, love it!

CaliMR, the 69 and 70 Boss have clean quarter panels, if it is a true Boss!

Same exact thing happened with me, I was at BJ and saw the one on the rotisserie. The guy in charge of the display new nothing about the cars, he kept asking the booth girls if they knew stuff, but my good friend Google filled me in and I was hooked.

I have just assumed all the Bosses I saw were 70s since they had clean quarters, now you threw my plan all out of whack. I don't know what year to get.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
32! This is my first Mustang and I think I chose a winner! I grew up in the "import scene" where most of my friends drove modified honda's. I, however, was a DSM guy. I drove a Turbo Eclipse. I also owned a 04' Yamaha R6. Crotch rockets are very addicting but I'm glad I sold it before 1) I got killed or 2) I get arresting for exceeding the freeway speed limit twice over. Anywho, this site is great and I'm glad to be among fellow car fanatics and a great group of genuine individuals. :)

Got an '03 Yamaha R6 right now and you are correct they are addicting, which is why I have not gotten rid of mine yet (even though that was part of the plan in getting the BOSS, so wife still holds that against me). I should get rid of the R6 for the same reasons you mentioned. Probably this fall it will be gone :(

i am 27, like some others here i came from an import scene; euro and japanese. i had absolutely no experience with mustangs previously, but i am loving it so far ;D

on a side note, i am probably the only asian Boss owner here :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
So how do you like the feel of almost 470 real, wide HP with no turbo lag and a bottom end that can. Rip your head off? Pretty cool eh? I came out of an Audi TTS 345HP tuned.

I pride myself on being immature! The Boss fits in nicely!I was glad to see I was in one of the higher percentage age of owners!
When I got my 2006 Ford GT (40) my wife asked if I was having a midlife crisis? I told her I have been having one for 20 years!

PeteInCT said:
So how do you like the feel of almost 470 real, wide HP with no turbo lag and a bottom end that can. Rip your head off? Pretty cool eh? I came out of an Audi TTS 345HP tuned.

to sum up the overall driving experience...

i feel like the king of the road when i'm driving the Boss ;D it is a very very manly car.

however, i do love turbocharged vehicles though. im planning on adding a 997 gt2 to the garage ;D

4dRacer said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:

Got an '03 Yamaha R6 right now and you are correct they are addicting, which is why I have not gotten rid of mine yet (even though that was part of the plan in getting the BOSS, so wife still holds that against me). I should get rid of the R6 for the same reasons you mentioned. Probably this fall it will be gone :(

In CA riding a sport bike is very dangerous. CA drivers don't look out for motorcycle riders. It's probably best that you sell it. Keep yourself from being an organ donor. I miss it when I see people riding. But, I'm just going to quit while I'm ahead. 8)

61 here, or as I told people when I turned this age, it's my 40th anniversary of being 21!

Anyway, cars are a way of life, not age specific. I've been told, I used to have a (insert choice) but I grew out of it.
I always say, "If you grew out of it, you never had it!"

Along with the Boss 302 I picked up last Friday, trading my '08 Bullitt in on it which I will miss dearly, I have an '03 Mach1, an '05 T-bird, even a '08 F150. Included in my old man toys is also an '08 ZX-14 Kawasaki that I am intending on going 200 mph at the Texas mile and a Super Motard Aprilia SXV-550 for track days.

If possible, I would have every car/motorcycle I ever had, some how though, things don't work that way, like with my Boss, I had to give up 1 to get 1.

I am looking forward to learning from you guys here and see what you all are doing with you Boss's.

hotrodnut said:
and a Super Motard Aprilia SXV-550 for track days.

I had an SXV550. Only motorcycle I ever bought new, the shock blew up with a couple hundred miles on it and it took 3 months sitting in the dealer with the shock already shipped to Aprilia to get a replacement. Then it started having other issues so I sold it. When it ran, it was the most fun bike I ever had :eek:

If I get another street bike, it will be another supermoto. I was looking for a Husky 510, the first FI year before they got neutered and beat with the ugly stick by BMW, before I got the Boss.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
27 here. Fortunately, the Boss is not my DD and my '06 GT was my first car I purchased for and paid for myself. My MINI Cooper S JCW is the 2nd and the Boss the 3rd. I came from a classic muscle car background as my dad had a '67 Vette vert (shoulda been a GT500, don't get me started) but also a 911 growing up, so they entice me as well. And my dad has an E46 M3 vert (ironically he tried to get me to buy one instead of my '06 GT and who knows if I'd have a Boss now if I had done that.)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel