The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302 R DYNO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The R and S cars are targeted to run in power-to-weight or HP regulated competition series (Grand-Am Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge; SPEED World Challenge), so there's not necessarily motivation to increase power beyond what they are delivered with.

If you're competing outside of these series, or just want a track day toy, then yes, there are avenues to bump up the output.

Even within the last month, FRPP released a new set of intake and exhaust cams (different from what we already discussed) to amp-up the BOSS302's output.

Thanks for the helpful replies!

ArizonaGT said:
Even within the last month, FRPP released a new set of intake and exhaust cams (different from what we already discussed) to amp-up the BOSS302's output.
I did not see these in the Ford Racing catalog...do you have a link?

I don't have a specific power goal yet for my car...I do NOT plan to crack the valve cover anytime soon so I'm just researching the bump sticks for now.

I do have a question for you guys though...I am going to get a set of 18" track wheels and will need to lower the car to accomodate the reduction in wheel size. I was thinking of getting Koni race dampers with Ground Control coilovers...I just don't know what spring rates to request ??? I've heard the published spring rates by FoMoCo are incorrect (there is a thread floating around on the topic). Do any of you happen to know the specs?

In the Jalopnik link, it looks like the 302s cars are using standard struts (i.e. not coilovers)...I assume they are using lower springs for the 18" wheels?

Thanks again!

BnD, this video should answer your question about production engines being used in the race cars. It's past the one minute mark.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5dpT8HFzHs&feature=related[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors