The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 R/S Upper Control Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My understanding is that the Boss race cars are using a modified rear upper control arm (possibly by Multimatic).

Does anyone have any more info on this? Any ideas on where to get one (Rehagen, Capaldi, or direct from Multimatic)?

This part can only be purchased from Multimatic directly. Call them up a t905 470 9149 and ask for Sean Mason. Be prepared to pay a VERY pretty penny for this part.

Can you confirm the correct torque spec for the big bolt in the backseat area? I've heard references to 350 ft/lbs. but can't seem to find that in the Ford manual, nor understand how you would get that much torque on it.

cloud9 said:
Can you confirm the correct torque spec for the big bolt in the backseat area? I've heard references to 350 ft/lbs. but can't seem to find that in the Ford manual, nor understand how you would get that much torque on it.

175 Nm or 129 lb-ft

cloud9 said:
Thanks. That's what I saw in the manual too. Not sure where this 350 ft/lbs is coming from.
Probably from here.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4029.0;topicseen

VTBoss302 said:
Update:

The bits finally arrived from Multimatic.

I took a few pics in case anyone is interested:

New to the forums. This is interesting because I was always under the impression that the R and S cars used the factory upper control arm in the rear. Did they change this at some point? It looks like the rubber bushing in the chassis-end was replaced with a solid piece of metal (steel)? I always thought the 3rd-link/upper rear arm required a lot of articulation?

MountainGT said:
New to the forums. This is interesting because I was always under the impression that the R and S cars used the factory upper control arm in the rear. Did they change this at some point? It looks like the rubber bushing in the chassis-end was replaced with a solid piece of metal (steel)? I always thought the 3rd-link/upper rear arm required a lot of articulation?

If you take a closer look at the last picture you will see that there is a spherical bearing in there.

Found a picture of the control arm on a 2013 302S
boss302s42.jpg

What made you go with the expensive Multimatice control arm and not something like a Spohn Del-Spere or UMI Roto-Joint?

It's a little pricey, to be sure.

I guess I was willing to pay more for the genuine race car part.

I haven't installed it yet and, to be honest, I'm not even sure if I will.

I would probably be willing to sell it at a deep discount in case anyone's interested. ;)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
that is a steep price. My Steeda Adjustable UCA and Heavy duty bracket came in for about half that price and looks about 5 times beefier.

Just curious what makes it so special other than its "on a factory race car"?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
NFSBOSS said:
I believe the Grand Am cars are required to use the stock UCA so Multimatic just modifies it so the R's meet spec. No doubt you are paying for skilled labor and not for materials.
ah ok that makes sense. it looks like they took a factory arm and pressed out the bushing and put in that.

TMO Supporting Vendors