The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Seat Delete X brace installed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It may be a bit pricey but it has such a great look as Champale noted! We do a lot of mechanical things to our cars, but there are cosmetic upgrades that, in my opinion, add to the overall look and feel of the machine.

It is spendy now but for the detail and OEM quality are well worth it. I was going to get one from Summitt when they were $800 but had a mechanical issue that those funds went to.
Next time I looked around they are $1200 and now $1700. I managed to pick this one up for near nothing and a 4 hour drive.
It really tightens up the car so that when I lift with a jack the entire side comes up. At some point I'm going to paint it the factory LS red instead of the grey "motorsport" color.
It matches the Recaros and the GT350 steering wheel perfectly for just enough wow inside my little base GT Coyote.

It certainly looks nice, especially with a Watson Roll Bar as well. Didn’t make a difference in stiffness though, that area of the chassis is stiff anyway since it’s a bulkhead. I was really disappointed in the quality of the welds in the X-brace, particularly because it is basically a cosmetic modification. The quality of welds on the roll bar really out shine it.

CEBB944C-A5BB-4AB2-B9C5-1134AF201182.jpeg

EEE34EB7-C87B-40FF-9DE8-E4344A0FCB53.jpeg

I can tell you it definitely stiffens it up!! I can jack up the entire side of the car now and it lifts straight up. Big difference. Like when I added a full cage to my 95 Steeda Q

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel