The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Shocks Stripped Adjuster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FurionPwny

#banemobile
Anyone ever have this happen? Or do some of your adjusters not give a positive feedback "click?" I have 3 that click into a number and 1 that doesn't. Now I could be a doofus running 4 up front and 4 on left rear, and God know's what right rear. Any help would be awesome!

Sorry, let me clarify too just in case. When I say adjuster I mean the part you put a tiny flathead and change the strut/shock setting for either street or AutoX or whatever you fancy.

Thanks!

-Furion

@FurionPwny welcome to TMO. This is fairly common and some Boss 302's came broken from the factory. I believe there is a fix but it's been a few years since this came up. Maybe @Grant 302 can add some insight on this.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I haven't broken any myself on any of the 3 sets so I have no experience with the repair, but I do believe they can be fixed.

That said, I think they would still work if they are pointing at the right number. Most of the clicks aren't that positive/definite even when new, IMO.

FurionPwny

#banemobile
Thanks to both of you! I will still search for a fix if I can narrow what to ask google. I bought these and that's the only negative response one.

If you happen to see a fix thread. Lmk! This helped a ton though, ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FurionPwny

#banemobile
Update: I did find the old thread here, lots of people were talking of warranty and dealership etc. I don't think that would apply to me, as I took these from a Boss and put them in my GT, even though I'm under 30k. Either way, I have to diagnose this clicking noise coming from that same shock as well. Check this out.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'd take it off to confirm, but sounds like a dead/blown/damaged shock. Any other unusual noises when rolling?

I found the same thread for a shock replacement under warranty. That's probably it. I couldn't find one with a fix either.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel