The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Track Key no longer available??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

I'm currently in the market for a '12-'13 Boss 302 and one of the cars I really like does not have the Track Key activated. I've read on another forum that Ford Racing is no longer selling the Track Key flash but does anyone know another way for me to get this done? The TK is something I feel is an essential component of the Boss 302's performance and without it, I feel like I would be missing out on the true experience...

If anyone has any info please let me know. Thanks!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Just read where an owner had some work done, trans I believe, at a dealership. Since the car was down several days, he had the processor sent to ford for ref lash, successfully.

Can still be done, not as easily as earlier. Computer must be sent to afore now, but can be done.

Welcome to the site, enjoy your search.

Welcome to TMO. One thing I don't know is if you can still buy the Boss 302 TracKey. Does the car have it but was never installed? What you purchase is a receipt, instructions and CA emissions exemption sticker. The dealer has and installs the software.

Call Ford Performance Monday.
I can't find it now, but as I recall, Ford did quit selling Track Keys.
The dealers can no longer flash they.
IF you have a previously paid for Track Key voucher, you can send your ECU to Ford and they will flash it there.
I didn't see any on ebay just now.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Check out post 49.

http://www.boss302forum.com/topic/19006-track-key-no-longer-avaible-as-dealer-download/page-3#entry318415

Owner just bought Track Key through Ford. Dealer pulled and sent the control unit to Ford.

I am familiar with this as my PCM just came back from Ford. You can not buy a new voucher for the Trackey from Ford. If you can find an unused voucher to purchase you must pull the PCM and send it to Ford Racing with the voucher and vin from your car to have it flashed as the dealers can no longer do it. Once it is flashed at Ford the car must go to a dealer to mate the Red Key to the software which will then enable the Trackey functionality.

Ford Racing did tell me that there are sold and unused vouchers available and some may be in dealers inventory yet. A great forum member here helped me out as I had delayed getting my done as I figured I would get the install done with the airbag fix and never bought a voucher.

Steelhorse said:
I am familiar with this as my PCM just came back from Ford. You can not buy a new voucher for the Trackey from Ford. If you can find an unused voucher to purchase you must pull the PCM and send it to Ford Racing with the voucher and vin from your car to have it flashed as the dealers can no longer do it. Once it is flashed at Ford the car must go to a dealer to mate the Red Key to the software which will then enable the Trackey functionality.

Ford Racing did tell me that there are sold and unused vouchers available and some may be in dealers inventory yet. A great forum member here helped me out as I had delayed getting my done as I figured I would get the install done with the airbag fix and never bought a voucher.

Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to try and find an unused voucher if I end up getting a car without the Trackey activated.

If anyone has an unused voucher and would like to sell it, please let me know.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel