The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 vs. Shifter kart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found this video at Autoweek.com
Pretty cool indeed....
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140303/CARNEWS01/140309983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A9CYXtdbMes

WinterSucks said:
That looks scary as hell. I want one!
A friend of mine has 2 (made in Italy) and at 82 yrs old, he and another friend run them locally.
Those things rev to 18k RPM's and turn faster laps than a Porche !!
His name is Hank and he used to crew & drive the #28 TransAm Mustang (68 & 69) with Dean Gregson.
He says by comparison, the shifter Karts are lightning quick off the line and around the track.
No way in hell I would run 125+ mph with my a** 2 inches off the pavement in something without doors or a roof.

Yea, at those speeds... and it looked like almost every time he hit the rumble strips he went in the air and hopped sideways. 125 is scary enough on perfect pavement. Skipping around turns would definitely shorten my lifespan.

Fastfordnut said:
A friend of mine has 2 (made in Italy) and at 82 yrs old, he and another friend run them locally.
Those things rev to 18k RPM's and turn faster laps than a Porche !!
His name is Hank and he used to crew & drive the #28 TransAm Mustang (68 & 69) with Dean Gregson.
He says by comparison, the shifter Karts are lightning quick off the line and around the track.
No way in hell I would run 125+ mph with my a** 2 inches off the pavement in something without doors or a roof.

Two inches would be a lot. The seat sits down between the frame tubes and typically is about 1 + inch above the ground. When racing, out west with rocks off course, If you went off track, you needed to be ready to lift your rear so you didn't take a rock at 40-60 mph through the fiberglass seat.( Ouch). Laptimes of the 125 and 250 shifter karts would surprise a lot of people.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel