The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Warranty Poll

How Many Non Drive Train Warranty Repairs Have You had?

• None, the Boss is the BOSS!

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • 1-2

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 5-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Way too many!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We are coming up on three years of ownership on the earliest built 2012 Boss 302's That means the bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire. I'm curious if and what type of NON-DRIVE TRAIN issues people have had. Other than my clutch and tranny issues I haven't had a single issue with my car that needed any warranty work. If you've had a specific issue please post it. This poll is for non drive train issues only so please don't vote or post any drive train issues.

For the record our cars have a 36 month/36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 60 month/60,000 mile power train warranty.

So far so good. Correction, front right side marker lens fell out, the inspection station RTV'd in back in so the car would pass.

I have a weird pop sometimes from my passenger side window, though I'm reluctant to drop my car off for a minor issue, especially after the whole ZL1 debacle.

Vermont
Replaced one of the rear shocks under warranty. The first time I attempted to adjust the 1-5 shock setting on the left rear, some material around the screwdriver slot broke away, couldn't make any further adjustment. The dealer replaced the entire shock assembly. No problems making adjustments with the new shock.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
"For the record our cars have a 36 month/36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 60 month/60,000 mile power train warranty."

Is the above for cars with Trak Key activated as well. I have not activated my Trak Key////

Reason I have not was b/c I read that the warranty changes when activated. I apologize for my ignorance, but still after all these posts. Not sure???

No warranty issues for me as well. :)

VWGTI123 said:
"For the record our cars have a 36 month/36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 60 month/60,000 mile power train warranty."

Is the above for cars with Trak Key activated as well. I have not activated my Trak Key////

Reason I have not was b/c I read that the warranty changes when activated. I apologize for my ignorance, but still after all these posts. Not sure???

Activating Track Key doesn't change standard nor extended warranty at all. It has its own 36/36K warranty if something happens while using Track Key at the track.

VWGTI123 said:

Only if something happens that is caused by the trackey, it's 3/36 from date of the car's purchase, it doesn't reduce your base warranty if your not using it, it will after the the first 3/36 then it won't matter if you got a tune or not because trackey would effect it then.

Two issues I will be having looked at and hopefully addressed this spring....

Small creases in hood stripe on drivers side only. Looks as if decal was peeled up when removing backing, and hand rubbed. Not a biggie, but noticeable. Second, and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue is with the Recaro seat fabric. I am not a big fella by any means. 5'7" - 155lbs. Car only has 3,300 miles and I am already noticing seat fabric is wearing where my ass sits. Reminds of the looks a sweater gets after being worn and cleaned to oftern. Just on the ass area, no issues on the lumbar areas.

Seems premature for the seat fabric to wear, and hopefully Ford will give me a good answer.

TMO Supporting Vendors