The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R and 302S registration thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like the idea of a registry as well as a FAQ for these cars. I find the "owner's manual" to be a bit lacking, especially for certain part numbers.

In fact, I'm trying to get the part number for replacement front brake rotors and pads (for the 14" 2-piece setup used on 2012 Boss 302S). Anybody know these part numbers? I haven't gotten an answer from Ford Performance yet.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You have some options with both Girodisc and Stoptech with their 355mm/14 in., two piece rotors. The ones on your car are Brembos and I think you will find them more expensive and I don't think anymore effective. Blacksheep or Black Boss might jump in here and let us know, but I am planning on going that route since my rotors appear to only be good for a couple more weekends.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They are 355 mm and pretty darn sure you can get a set from Girodisc or Stoptech and skip the higher priced Brembo. I like the Girodisc set-up as it is the least expensive ( though all are pricey) , but I had them on my Viper and I got as good of wear as I did the Stoptechs.

Last edited:
Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway :)

I own a factory-built 2012 Boss 302S and can't seem to find the cockpit fire extinguisher nozzle. Tracking the hard line from the bottle, it follows forward along the passenger side of the transmission tunnel and then goes up towards the firewall. At that point, it splits into two lines with one going through the firewall into the engine bay and the other going behind the center console switch panel. Feeling around back there, it feels like it goes upward behind the switch panel? I'd expect to see a nozzle underneath the driver side dash board. I'm about to remove the switch panel to see what's going on back there but figured I'd ask here first.

If possible, can someone here take a picture where the nozzle should be?

@The_Backmarker go ahead and start one and I'll make it a sticky. Start it in the Road Racing Forum.

Taking a shot in the dark, being 2+ years on discussion. Searching for a "R", does anyone have or know someone with one to sell. Please not a re-tubbed or pretend "R". No accidents, racing beauty marks "OK".

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Call me , I know someone who has one.

402-677-5864 You might text me first so I answer the phone and don't think it is that crazy lady who keeps telling me I haven't paid my school loan.

I didn't think so & I read that. The seller just corrected it as a 2012 #11 build. Stated Tom Ellis as original owner. Anyone know him and history of car like bad stuff?

I am the proud owner of 2012 Boss 302S #23. Owned it for about 3 years now and have had it out a few times but not enough. I know an awful lot about both the R and S's and will try to answer questions where I can. I'm pretty busy at work so I'm slow to respond to messages if I'm being honest.

I also own a 93 Cobra R that I used to race in American Iron and has about 18,000 track miles on it. 2 95 Cobra R's with one being an ex-IMSA car, a 2005 FR500C serial #1 (the white with blue stripe 05 car), a new FR500S and a few street mustangs as well.

I'm extremely happy to see a group forming around these special cars and will contribute where I can.

I am the proud owner of 2012 Boss 302S #23. Owned it for about 3 years now and have had it out a few times but not enough. I know an awful lot about both the R and S's and will try to answer questions where I can. I'm pretty busy at work so I'm slow to respond to messages if I'm being honest.

I also own a 93 Cobra R that I used to race in American Iron and has about 18,000 track miles on it. 2 95 Cobra R's with one being an ex-IMSA car, a 2005 FR500C serial #1 (the white with blue stripe 05 car), a new FR500S and a few street mustangs as well.

I'm extremely happy to see a group forming around these special cars and will contribute where I can.
Welcome back.

TMO Supporting Vendors