The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R and 302S registration thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taking a shot in the dark, being 2+ years on discussion. Searching for a "R", does anyone have or know someone with one to sell. Please not a re-tubbed or pretend "R". No accidents, racing beauty marks "OK".
I don't get to this site often and just ran across your post but yes I have one for sale. I have no time for it and would like to move it. It's completely rebuilt and ready to race with zero track time. During the rebuild I was able to trace most of it's race history and source 95% of the correct parts. It did dual duty in both Continental Tire and Pirelli World Challenge and was prepped by Capaldi Racing. I intended to run it in NASA American Iron. If this is something you are interested my email is [email protected] thanks Dave

I don't get to this site often and just ran across your post but yes I have one for sale. I have no time for it and would like to move it. It's completely rebuilt and ready to race with zero track time. During the rebuild I was able to trace most of it's race history and source 95% of the correct parts. It did dual duty in both Continental Tire and Pirelli World Challenge and was prepped by Capaldi Racing. I intended to run it in NASA American Iron. If this is something you are interested my email is [email protected] thanks Dave

What is the serial number? Can you upload some pics?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well Number 28, Number 18 ( also a 2013 ) welcoming you to the best damn Track Site for Stangs in the known Universe. So when you say East Coast are you in one of the Provinces bordering the Atlantic ( or surrounded by it ) -- New Brunswick , Nova Scotia, Newfoundland , Prince Edward Island , Quebec, etc. ? Took a wild swing and left out Labrador as did not figure many track cars in that lonely Province? Today it was 1 degree on my drive to work, so like the frozen North, you too may find some fun vicariously racing with the other members who post videos down in the warmer climes --- helps a little to avoid cabin fever, ha.

Feel free to drop me a note , anytime, love to hear about where you will race the Boss S and would be happy to impart my limited amount of knowledge if you need any help?

[email protected]

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Hey Guys. My first post here 2013 BossS 028 checking in. Car is on the east coast of Canada. Great info on this site. Looking forward to reading it all

Welcome fellow Canuck to the forum, best place for around hard nuts info on tracking your 'stang.
I'm guessing you run at AMP? Ever head west to ON/QC for track time?

Hi Bill And JDee
I live on Prince Edward Island and today it was -21 brrrrrrr here. I raced a 2005 mustang at AMP and Mount Tremblant and Daytona this year in the HSR series. It was so much fun that I felt a faster car was in order and found this site to help fill in details about the car. If you guys are on Instagram you can see some of the fun track and shop times at warehouse_8_racing Thanks also for the offer to help. Im sure Ill need some advice on this new Hotrod

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hopefully Domesticpower will chime in here as he is a TMO Member over near Halifax , and is a member of the AMP track. I am sure he will welcome you with open arms and always nice to have a fellow TrackRat friend when you are racing anywhere? As noted you have my email, so contact me anytime if you have questions. Even if I don't know I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Better get a TMO T Shirt, as you will undoubtedly run into TMO members when you are racing down in the lower part of North America ,ha.

Yes I agree 100% Bill I have your email saved because Im sure with a new car Ill run into lots of questions. I bought the car with 2011 miles on it. So Im just going over it bolt by bolt and replacing any worn parts. Rear brakes and rotors are next. The car was school bus yellow and we are doing a white wrap on it now. Lots to do on these cold winter nights lol

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I had a Yellow Boss in the past ( loved the tribute color for Parnelli Jones ) and one seldom sees one out there in that color anymore. Should be fun to hear the exploits of two TMO members running Stangs at AMP. What are you doing with the rear brakes, just changing the rotors as the current ones are shot, or upgrading?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I actually think that is a good step, as I have been pretty happy with the brake bias using the stock rear brake setup and a bit softer pad than the front. Keep me posted and you can get G-Loc pads at both Optimum Performance and KNS Brakes, here on the Forum.

I came across this photo on Instagram. BOSS302R 008.

Rumor is its owned by David T. Fischer, United States Ambassador to the Kingdom of Morocco. I have not been able to verify that at this point though.

BOSS302R 008.jpg

Updated the list:

Boss302R Chassis by the number...

Boss302R1 XX1 - MultiMatic Prototype
Boss302R1 XX2 - MultiMatic Prototype sold to Glenn Chaplin
xx3??
xx4??

Boss302R1 001 - Jim Click Racing
Boss302R1 002 - Racers Edge sold to Todd Michel
003 - ??
Boss302R1 004 - Zero Zero Motorsport Roly Falgueras
Boss302R1 005 - JBS/Seafuse
006 - ??
007 - Roush
Boss302R1 008 - Rumor is its owned by David T. Fischer, United States Ambassador to the Kingdom of Morocco.
009 - Dempsey Racing, Miller, sold to James Pesek
010 - ??
011 - ??
012 - Roush
BOSS302R 013 - Starworks, sold to Elgin then sold to JT Wood
BOSS302R 014 - BTE Sport sold to Breathless then sold to James Pesek
BOSS302R 015 - Starworks, sold to Glenn Chaplin then sold to Todd Michel
BOSS302R 016 - Starworks?/TuneRS Motorsports sold to ??
BOSS302R 017 - Kevin Maley
018 - ??
BOSS302R 019 - George Biskup, sold to JT Wood
020??
BOSS302R 021 - Chance Jewels (Listed on Bring a Trailer)
BOSS302R 022 - James Pesek

BOSS302RLWTXX1 (MultiMatic Lightweight Prototype) - JT Wood sold to??

Here is what I have so far. I'll update as information comes to light.

Early chassis DASH serial numbers were stamped as (Boss302R1) while the later chassis were stamped as (BOSS302R). The serial numbers on the X of the roll cage were stamped (Boss302R1) at least through chassis 013.

Roush had at least one 302R chassis that was destroyed. I think it might have been 007.

Shelby Blackstock (Reba McEntire's son...) has a 302R. I'm trying to determine which number chassis he has.

Just added the wounded BOSS302R 015 chassis to my stable. The parts search, repair, and rebuild begins.

This chassis was raced in the 2012 Continental Sportscar Challenge Series by Starworks. It was then sold to Glenn Chaplin and raced in the Canadian Touring Car Championship.

Image 3.jpeg20201028_151507.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors