The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R ATL fuel system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Miami
Hello everyone. Being relatively new to the forum, I was trying to find the information maybe already available but alas, I could not.
I have a boss 302R which I ran this year in the NASA AI series, but I received a waiver to run the current ATL bladder for this season only due to age. Now for the new year I require a new bladder. Easy fix, right?

Wrong. Lol

After calling ATL it seems the bladder for the 302Rs was a custom application. A replacement for only the bladder, re using my lift pumps, dry break, and plates it would run $2200.

With that being said, I know anything in the world of racing is $$$, but is there a cost effective alternative that could utilize the factory enclosure we have in the trunk that would abide by NASA safety regulations? Thank you in advance for the assistance. Pics for referenceA3013909-DE4F-42CC-B8D2-FAF6A9891D77.jpeg7C31F3A1-116A-4931-AA02-1D2641DB0070.jpeg41ACEF02-3D87-46B3-AFAC-22ABB5B88DCE.jpegDFB0508C-FFA5-4419-93B6-86AA1002F319.jpeg

sfo
Looks like a rectangular brick of a cell. If so why not put a stock ATL or Fuel Safe off the shelf cell in there and remove the bespoke one?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Miami
Looks like a rectangular brick of a cell. If so why not put a stock ATL or Fuel Safe off the shelf cell in there and remove the bespoke one?

This is true, would just need to measure and make sure the replacement fits inside the enclosure. Worst comes to worst, I will cut the factory enclosure to accommodate the new one but for the sake of originality trying to keep it unless there’s no other option.

FD10579E-4CD2-4C35-A41C-5465AA2E5FE0.jpeg

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Call me Capt. Obvious, but since it says "custom made for Phoenix Performance" - have you talked to them? @ajaquilante is on here and may be able to chime in with a suggestion.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Miami
Call me Capt. Obvious, but since it says "custom made for Phoenix Performance" - have you talked to them? @ajaquilante is on here and may be able to chime in with a suggestion.
I had contacted ATL with the serial number of the bladder which indeed was made for phoenix. I had asked them about a replacement bladder based on the serial number and current configuration and they had quoted me $2200 for bladder only. Unfortunately I can’t self certify the bladder anymore either for NASA so I’m forced to replace it. Maybe leave the current configuration and run stock tanks like the 302S for now until coming up with another solution at this point may be preferable.

Answer the question: How low do you want to be able to run the tank down to?
- If you want to leave 5 gallons in the tank at all times, go with a stock tank, or cheap bladder that you have to cut the car up to fit.
- If you want to be able to use all 18 gallons get the custom bladder.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Miami
mike,
I have the same bladder in my R. I’m sure it’s due to be replaced too. maybe ATL would do better for 2 of them?
It’s possible. I will give them a ring tomorrow in the AM to see if they can go down for a group order. Can you PM me your contact info so I can call or text you?

It’s possible. I will give them a ring tomorrow in the AM to see if they can go down for a group order. Can you PM me your contact info so I can call or text you?
Hi Mike, I did try to PM you a week or so ago. At least I tried to.
did you make any headway with ATL?
Thanks Victor

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel