The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R Crashes at Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry I wasn't able to post the video.....I was only able to put up the link! Hate to see those cars go out like that but atleast the drivers were ok.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/07/11/video-multimatic-mustang-boss-302r-crashes-out-of-grand-am-race-at-laguna-seca/

GA
suprmn said:
Sorry I wasn't able to post the video.....I was only able to put up the link! Hate to see those cars go out like that but atleast the drivers were ok.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/07/11/video-multimatic-mustang-boss-302r-crashes-out-of-grand-am-race-at-laguna-seca/

Something for everyone to keep in the back of their mind when you start to get too confident about well your Boss handles...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PJWANNABE said:
Something for everyone to keep in the back of their mind when you start to get too confident about well your Boss handles...

The 68 car swung out into the 15 from the inside...no car is going to counteract that.

GA
ArizonaGT said:
PJWANNABE said:

The 68 car swung out into the 15 from the inside...no car is going to counteract that.

What, the Boss isn't impact-proof? ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PJWANNABE said:

Since it doesn't have SYNC, there is no way to type in the "God Mode" code into the car's computer to enable invincibility and unlimited fuel.

ArizonaGT said:
PJWANNABE said:

Since it doesn't have SYNC, there is no way to type in the "God Mode" code into the car's computer to enable invincibility and unlimited fuel.

Yes there is, you have to shift up, down, up, down, Left, right, left, right, start, traction control off!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jza1736 said:
Yes there is, you have to shift up, down, up, down, Left, right, left, right, start, traction control off!

hahah nice

Yep best not to watch that stuff. Your car goes where your eyes and your mind go so focus on the track. That's a big reason why HPDE is MUCH safer than racing. You go wheel to wheel in a corner and your chances for a wreck go up exponentially. That's why all passing is done in the straights in DE.

Understood but that is still hard to watch, if you slow it down the concrete looks like paper mache. You tend not to think about it even if you are not side by side but a small thing can turn into a bad thing very quicky at 140 MPH. When I watch NASCAR it does not bother me since I don't own one ::)

I know what you mean Scott. I always get a sick feeling when I see a car crash. As of late it seems like Grand Am is becoming a demodulation derby. :mad:

I've been to a lot of HPDE in the past and I've seen a a fair share of wrecked / totaled cars there too. I never had a incident myself, but I haven't been to the track in a few years because, if I can't afford to replace it, I don't track it.

GA
I finally got to watch the race today after recording another airing (I had a DVR malfunction the first time). Mustangs are really having bad luck lately. I hate to see the Camaro dominate.

Guys, I just went through this. Hitting a tire wall at an HPDE event (thats what I get for doing HPDE stuff instead just racing). There are some things you can do to minimize you chances of crashing. First and formost, have your car ready. There are a lot of good reads out there but here is one of the better ones

http://www.norcal-saac.org/ot/primer.pdf

Read it before you go out if you have never been or rarely been to a track event. HPDE is relatively safe. But, always know there is a possiblity that you may have issues. My brake failure at 145 was not a preperation issue, it happens. Its not the norm mind you but, it happens. There is HPDE insurance available but, it is costly. I dont want to disaude anyone from tracking, quite the oposite, its a growing sport and one I love. But, go into it with open eyes, prepared and, enjoy your cars

TMO Supporting Vendors