The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302R/S ABS Module (M-2353-C)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I received my module from Rehagen this morning and installed it this afternoon.
Supposed benefit is increased tolerance for high deceleration rates when using race rubber that might freak out the stock ABS and actually cause a lockup.

Takes about 10 mins to install once I figured out how to disconnect the clips on the lower intake snorkel.
Dash lit up like a christmas tree when I first started the car, messages "Advancetrac Off" (expected) "Service Advancetrac" (semi-expected), and ABS, TCS Off, and TCS Active warning lights all lit.
These all went away once I backed out of the driveway (the ABS system kicks in around 10mph), leaving only the "TCS Off" warning light illuminated. (expected).
Car is now automatically "Advancetrac OFF" and TCS Off at key-on. (expected); steering is locked in Sport mode (semi-expected).

I did a couple runs around the block and got in some moderate braking with no ill effect or adversity on the street. Not sure what it will do in a true panic stop yet but hopefully I don't have to find out on the street.
I have not yet tested this with TracKey but will soon, I don't expect any adverse effects but we shall see.

I won't get to test this on the track with race rubber (R6s) until the tail end of January--so stay tuned for the REAL report then.
My fellow racers have been very impressed with their switch to the FR500S ABS modules (M-2353-A) on their 2006 Mustang race cars; I am hoping to be similarly impressed if I get in over my head.

ArizonaGT said:
Car is now automatically "Advancetrac OFF" and TCS Off at key-on. (expected); steering is locked in Sport mode (semi-expected).

I had the FR500S modue on my '06 Track Car, on that car it also required the GT500 Hydraulic Control Unit.

No other parts for this to work?

With the FR500S module it to was Traction Control Off (TCS) on start up but I could still push the button to engage it.

Can the Advancetrac / TCS be turned on?

Thanks

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Boss_302 said:
I had the FR500S modue on my '06 Track Car, on that car it also required the GT500 Hydraulic Control Unit.

No other parts for this to work?

With the FR500S module it to was Traction Control Off (TCS) on start up but I could still push the button to engage it.

Can the Advancetrac / TCS be turned on?

Thanks

Doug: The HCU on 11+ cars is unified, so no special valvebody needed. Just the module swap. Looks like some of the race shops are recommending pairing this module with a 302R Master Cylinder, but at $3500 for that cyl I will try my luck with the stock one.

ArizonaGT said:
Doug: The HCU on 11+ cars is unified, so no special valvebody needed. Just the module swap. Looks like some of the race shops are recommending pairing this module with a 302R Master Cylinder, but at $3500 for that cyl I will try my luck with the stock one.

Any word on the Advancetrac and TCS?

Sesshomurai

Boss_302 said:
Any word on the Advancetrac and TCS?

From the first post:

....These all went away once I backed out of the driveway (the ABS system kicks in around 10mph), leaving only the "TCS Off" warning light illuminated. (expected).

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Boss_302 said:
Yes I got that part.

Can they be turned back on?

TCS button doesn't do anything that I can see now that the R/S module is installed.

Got a chance to hit the track this weekend and put the new module to the test.
Up front I'll say that I couldn't tell a "night-and-day" difference, but I felt an improvement in how deep I could go on the brakes in two hard braking spots on the track.

I'm not sure if this was a "confidence placebo" or not but I pushed my braking point in about 50-75 feet coming down from 145 to 60, and probably chopped 30% off of the braking zone where we are coming down from about 85-90mph to 45mph.

I will continue to update this post as I spend more time on the track with the R/S module.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Not that I noticed; brake application and release were same as before, no issues pulling gradually off the pedal during trail-braking.

Sesshomurai

ArizonaGT said:
Not that I noticed; brake application and release were same as before, no issues pulling gradually off the pedal during trail-braking.

Did you breach the limit of adhesion where the abs kicked in? Thats what i mean.
My guess is this abs plays LESS role in braking but coupled with the brake booster it expects much harder, shorter brake zones with harder modulation. Keep us posted!

TMO Supporting Vendors