The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302R to be at Junes Sprints this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm running my R this weekend at Road America. For sure Friday and Saturday as Sunday race may be skipped due to travel. If in the area please stop by and say hi.

George

99WCrookie said:
I'm running my R this weekend at Road America. For sure Friday and Saturday as Sunday race may be skipped due to travel. If in the area please stop by and say hi.

George
Hi George, do you have links to your team or business you want to share? Good luck and have fun.

Working on the Web-site as we speak, Biskupmotorsports.com to be up in a week. Just getting back into it, but been around for 20+ years.

Started in 95 with the First Cobra R to the Public, running in (9) IMSA Street Stock races, with minor success. Then switched to World Challenge GT in 99 with a Porsche 911 RSR, (Finished 3rd in points, Rookie of the year, thus 99WCrookie, (1) fastest race lap, (4) Podiums, led the last race of the year only to finish 2nd to Corvette Boss, John Heinricy, still wake-up at night over that one.) Then Back in 2002 with a GT3 Cup at Sebring. Then on and off a race or two in the 2000's. Had a Deal with Dodge to run an SRT-4 for 3 years in grassroots SCCA T-2, set various Track records Central Region National Champ but no real success at the Run-offs. Had (2) FR500C's VIN #11 and #37, never raced them but tested at Daytona. (5th fastest at the 2006 Test). Plus other various races, raced most North American circuits, even a Grand Am race in Mexico City, (30) Pro-race starts, probably have 150,000 track day miles over the years (35,000+ at Road America alone). I've been an Instructor for the Porsche Club, BMW, Alfa, Shelby Club over the years.

Now back with a Boss 302R. Looking to do the Run-offs this year and possibly SCCA World Challenge next year in select races. I'll try to post a few past photo's below, if I can figure out this web-site.

George

http://Biskup Cobra R 95/img]
[img]Laguna George Drinking on Podium Oct99 017_14-678379.jpg/img]
[img]Vancouver Girls 022_19-678370.jpg/img]
[img]PCA Road America 5-24-02 backside of car.jpg/img]
[imgDaytonaTest Days 06 012.jpg
2005 SRT-4 Full Graphics 00002.jpg/img]
[img]ALMS-IMSA-SCCA Sebring Mar.12-15, 2008 DL - 5 159.jpg/img]
[img]Biskup Boss302rv11/img]

The one in the foreground is mine built new in 2012 (no numbers) as the up-dated version of the original, #16 VIN #xx2. The story is they made (4) xVIN's that were raced in 2010 and 2011 by Multimatic. (1) was totaled, at Laguna Seca in the 2nd to last race of 2011, (the School Bus Yellow #15 VIN #xx1. then re-tubed, I'm not sure where #4x is) Anyway, these first (4) were basically pre-production Boss 302R's. So they shouldn't be confused with Boss 302R Vin #1 and #2, etc.... (Which I believe Jim Click has VIN #1 or #2).

Mine is VIN #BOSS302R-019. While the debate and history (still being made) in time will tell if Boss302R or Boss302S are more successful on the track, the undisputed fact will remain that Ford produced six times more Boss302S's than R's. (I'm counting Multimatic as "Ford" because of the tight relationship those companies have and you purchase both R's and S's through Ford even though they are not built anywhere close to each other)

Only Boss302R's are legal for Continental Tire (most likely due to the lack of a Fuel Cell in the S), plus the R's have the sealed motor from Roush. Now I would believe if you wanted to you could convert an S to R spec's and race it in GA. The rules going the other way to run in World Challenge with an R are more open and just easier to do. (well nothing is easy)

No I will not be at a WC race this year as I'm getting back into shape and still feeling out the car. Next year is the time frame, but I'll keep you posted as things could change as well.

Very cool and thanks for dropping by George. Good luck at RA this weekend. It's my favorite track, but unfortunately a long haul. I'll be out there in two weeks with the NW Shelby Club running DE in my Boss 302(blank) :) I'm sure you recognize the corner in my sig ;)

The NW Shelby guys are great people, was going to that as well but had a last minute conflict, have fun.

99WCrookie said:
The one in the foreground is mine built new in 2012 (no numbers) as the up-dated version of the original, #16 VIN #002x. The story is they made (4) xVIN's that were raced in 2010 and 2011 by Multimatic. (1) was totaled, at Laguna Seca in the 2nd to last race of 2011, (the School Bus Yellow #15 VIN #001X. then retubed as the 3rd, I'm not sure where #4x is) Anyway, these first (4) were basically pre-production Boss 302R's. So they shouldn't be confused with Boss 302R Vin #1 and #2, etc.... (Which I believe Jim Click has VIN #1 or #2).

Only Boss302R's are legal for Continental Tire (most likely due to the lack of a Fuel Cell in the S), plus the R's have the sealed motor from Roush. Now I would believe if you wanted to you could convert an S to R spec's and race it in GA. The rules going the other way to run in World Challenge with an R are more open and just easier to do. (well nothing is easy)

Boss 302R number 2 was the 78 car, retubbed this year after COTA. I guess then Jim Click has number one, always wondered about that. I have heard that Capaldi Racing is using the same car for Grand Am and World Challange. I'm sure that is not easy like you said, I would think Grand Am could pick out some things if they looked close enough ::)

99WCrookie said:
http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/Images/PDF/Vehicles%20by%20Car%20No%20CTSCC%201%2017%2013.pdf

Try this link, kind of wacky to figure out but as I see it there are (3) types of Boss R's
1. XX Boss R's that are the Mules or pre-production (4) total.
2. Boss302R-001 thru approx. 021. (purchased from Ford)
3 BIW Boss302R that Roush, Phoenix and others made themselves (QTY undetermined at this time)

That is an interesting list. Some of it is not up to date, you may know that Rehagen also built there own version of the Boss R, number 52 and the new 59. This year they are running the 59 as the first entry. The list still shows it as a FR500C, you may not know that this Boss R was built from a forum member's production Boss Laguna Seca that was involved in an accident. May be the only one out there with a full VIN in the window.

Another interesting thing on the list is Joe Foster's name next to the Dempsey entries. I do not know anything about Joe's involvement with Dempsey, have to read up on that.

YellowBoss said:
Another interesting thing on the list is Joe Foster's name next to the Dempsey entries. I do not know anything about Joe's involvement with Dempsey, have to read up on that.
Joe was partners with Patrick back when we were at BTA. I talked to him about it a fair amount when we were there. AFAIR Joe was one of Patrick's early driving instructors and that's how they met. Both cycle a lot too.

TMO Supporting Vendors