The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S and Boss 302R FAQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys…anyone have a rear diff fluid change procedure for a 302R? I’m assuming I can drain, fill, cycle the pump and top off? Any feedback on how much fluid? Did they all come with the same diff coolers?
That procedure seems to be correct to me. My 302S doesn’t have a diff cooler, but I believe it was originally equipped with one.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal
A friend that's a shop owner is providing trackside support and transportation for a customer's 2012 Boss 302S. He has the ProCal tuner, but apparently, it's missing the SD card that should be with it. I've been told by a very reputable source that ANY Boss 302S SD card will work, they are not serial number specific.

Does anyone know how to obtain replacement 2012 Boss 302S SD card for the ProCal tuner?

Thanks in advance.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alberta
A friend that's a shop owner is providing trackside support and transportation for a customer's 2012 Boss 302S. He has the ProCal tuner, but apparently, it's missing the SD card that should be with it. I've been told by a very reputable source that ANY Boss 302S SD card will work, they are not serial number specific.

Does anyone know how to obtain replacement 2012 Boss 302S SD card for the ProCal tuner?

Thanks in advance.
If you've got a SD card for the Boos 302S couldn't you just make a copy of it onto a new SD card? I just got a 2013 Boss 302S (I pick it up tomorrow in Montana and am bringing it home to Alberta, Canada) and it came with 2 ProCal tuners so I'll check for the the SD card. Maybe I can copy it if there is one there.

QSS

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal
If you've got a SD card for the Boos 302S couldn't you just make a copy of it onto a new SD card? I just got a 2013 Boss 302S (I pick it up tomorrow in Montana and am bringing it home to Alberta, Canada) and it came with 2 ProCal tuners so I'll check for the the SD card. Maybe I can copy it if there is one there.

QSS
Any chance you could test your copy theory with one of your tuners?

If it works, and you could make a copy and ship it, I'd gladly cover costs. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hey everyone…..got another maintenance question for you. My car came with AST coilovers. I haven’t had any luck finding out what the nitrogen should be charged to. Anyone know the procedure and recommended pressure? Thanks…Mike

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
Hey everyone…..got another maintenance question for you. My car came with AST coilovers. I haven’t had any luck finding out what the nitrogen should be charged to. Anyone know the procedure and recommended pressure? Thanks…Mike
200 is good start

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alberta
@QuickSilverShelby - any chance you had time to test this?
Hey Adam.

My car along with the Procal and the SD card have been at my mechanics shop for 3 weeks now. The shop is 90 minutes from my home so it's not easy to pop over. We had to put some GT500 exhaust on it to conform to my local tracks 95db restrictions. Along with that were de-tuning the car so that I can use 93 gas with an octane boost.

My mechanic has the Procal and SD card along with a SCT tuner that came with the car. We're trying to figure out what tuner they were using on the car and if the SD card had any usable info on it. I hope to be in contact with my mechanic tomorrow to see what's up and hopefully have the car back mid next week along with the Procal and SD card.

The short of the long is that I haven't tested this yet but will hopefully be able to do that as soon as I have the car back.

Doug

I know this is an older thread.. but since its a real racecar thread.. what fuel pumps and fuel filters is it using? also what injectors? I'm specifically trying to figure out where to put the 10 micron final inline pump under the car...

Many thanks!

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Has anyone seen this intake in person? I am curious which car number it ended up on...I don't recall it on XX1 or XX2

IMG_5075.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel