The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302s grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modified my stock grill. I figured to buy the grill then have it painted was going to cost about $500. Took the stock out, using a Dremel and taking my time cut out the openings, got some screen at Ace, powercoated and found black wire at Hobby Lobby. Using the pics on this site, duplicated perfectly. Time and a little skill is all it took. I have also done x-brace/rear seat delete, front brake ducts and trans cooling scoop. Sound like track time.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Anyone have the BOSS 302s grill on a PW 2012 unpainted that can take a pic so I can see it? I think I want to go all black on the grill in the front.

Justin said:
Anyone have the BOSS 302s grill on a PW 2012 unpainted that can take a pic so I can see it? I think I want to go all black on the grill in the front.
My friend has an all black unpainted 302S grille on his white Boss. Trust me just do it. I'll see if I can get a photo for you.

Justin

NFSBOSS said:
I think he purchased an additional emblem. I have the link at home but I think it's Steeda that has an aftermarket replacement for around $29.
might have to see if they can do up a custom one like the ones on this page
http://www.actionautoaccessories.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=279

Justin said:

DSC_0292.jpg

Not the best picture of it, I have some more, I just need to find them. I was going to paint mine but since I couldn't wait for it to be painted before test fitting it, i decided to leave it. I think it looks better black.

Edit: found them
6887551377_8c0dafa2dc.jpg
02152012209 by texasmustang65, on Flickr

6887549091_12e8b02af8.jpg
02152012212 by texasmustang65, on Flickr

6887522981_94f7420ab7.jpg
02152012211 by texasmustang65, on Flickr

No its smooth, it looks just like the flat black between the taillights.

I would get you a close up, but my car is at home in Texas and I am sitting in Italy right now.

Justin

ok that works for me. I am in no rush of getting one. saving for long tube headers and mid pipe then a set of winter wheels and tires and a new set of tires for the stock wheels. its pretty far down on my list :)

TMO Supporting Vendors