The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Boss 302S Hood Availability

Does the hood need to be manufactured to accept these type of recessed pins, or are they cut in by the body shop? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this, but need to make sure I know everything I need. I assume the factory hinges and hood latch all match up to this hood, so just need to order hood pins. Do you know if four are recommended or are two enough? I will be running my car at high speed on track so will do four if recommended.

The pins won't sit completely flush as in the pictures unless the hood is molded with a recess the depth of the flange thickness. You can see the flanges in the eBay ad.
Still will look good though. I would go for this type of pin if I change my hood.

Looks cool in the pics, but I'm not sure how the black will look on the KB. I'm going with the ones that are on the Boss 302S. Ordered from steeda 30/ a pair.

Jza1736 said:
Looks cool in the pics, but I'm not sure how the black will look on the KB. I'm going with the ones that are on the Boss 302S. Ordered from steeda 30/ a pair.
Did you go with four pins? Do you have an ETA on your hood yet? I'm anxious to see someone get their hands on it for a full report.

I am planning to paint mine with the black center just lime the 302S but is it matte or gloss black? The pic almost looks matte but I can't see making it matte when the roof and spoiler are gloss. Anyone else going with two tone?

cloud9 said:
Jza1736 said:
Did you go with four pins? Do you have an ETA on your hood yet? I'm anxious to see someone get their hands on it for a full report.

I'm going with 4. and the LS wheels. Trying to make a Kona S.
No ETA yet. I spoke to Paul on Friday. He said they are 3-4 weeks out and he would call and let me know when they are ready! I haven't made up my mind yet CF or FG. 750 more to save 14 lbs. I think I might get the FG and use the 750 on the Boss 302S rims. Any thought?

Jza1736 said:
I'm going with 4. and the LS wheels. Trying to make a Kona S.
No ETA yet. I spoke to Paul on Friday. He said they are 3-4 weeks out and he would call and let me know when they are ready! I haven't made up my mind yet CF or FG. 750 more to save 14 lbs. I think I might get the FG and use the 750 on the Boss 302S rims. Any thought?
I think you're on the right track and I'd get the FG hood.

I'm going for the CF now. Roketman talked me into it LOL. :D I'll probably just go with four pins. I already have the LS wheels so I'm thinking the same thing. You'll know I'm over the top when I get the 302S wing.

cloud9 said:
I am planning to paint mine with the black center just lime the 302S but is it matte or gloss black? The pic almost looks matte but I can't see making it matte when the roof and spoiler are gloss. Anyone else going with two tone?

I would match the gloss.
I'm painting mine KB with the vents gloss white to match the c stripe

cloud9 said:
I'm going for the CF now. Roketman talked me into it LOL. :D I'll probably just go with four pins. I already have the LS wheels so I'm thinking the same thing. You'll know I'm over the top when I get the 302S wing.

Steeda has them for around 30/pair if you want to match the ones on the 302S
I thought about the wing too :)
But I would feel like an idiot driving it on the street. I went with the 302R wing

Thanks for the link to Steeda for the pins. Yea I'm with you on the S wing. Where did you get the 302R wing? After watching the race today I'm with you on that one.

cloud9 said:
Thanks for the link to Steeda for the pins. Yea I'm with you on the S wing. Where did you get the 302R wing? After watching the race today I'm with you on that one.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-functional-street-wing-for-ford-mustang.html

5 DOT 0 said:
That's the Steeda street wing. Remember you'll have to drill and fill holes with the Steeda, LS, or G-Stream wings.

I already ordered a new trunk. I'm going to leave the boss trunk in case I want to switch it back.

5 DOT 0 said:
That's the Steeda street wing. Remember you'll have to drill and fill holes with the Steeda, LS, or G-Stream wings.
Hmm. Will have to think through that one first. I'm not in a hurry to change the wing.

cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Hmm. Will have to think through that one first. I'm not in a hurry to change the wing.

I almost went with this 1 from APR.
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=45

Jza1736 said:
I almost went with this 1 from APR.
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=45

I went with one of those APR wings. Not that bracket and end plate but the same wing I think. Anyway I make my own end plates and brackets.

Just so you guys know the Steeda wing is not a direct bolt on as the platform profile is designed for an 05-09 decklid not the 2010+ decklid. Multimatic makes a small aluminum spacer to make up the difference.

I'd have to ask.

Why wouldn't you just put the Laguna spoiler on the car? It's a much better piece.

TMO Supporting Vendors