The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Boss 302S Hood Availability

cloud9 said:
reakhavok said:
cloud9 said:
You guys are starting to get to me :mad:

Im about to pull the trigger and get this hood. Can anyone tell me where to get these exact hood pins? and is there anything special required to install the pins onto the tiger hood?

Thanks!!
I got mine from Paul along with the hood.......nothing special, just have to drill the hood for the posts and there are three small screws with each scuff plate to attach them to the top of the hood.

Cloud9,
Where did you place the hood pin posts? did you use the rubber hood stop locations? Was there any drilling required to get the posts installed?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Cool, so like $1k shipped to your door roughly. I thought the FG one was like $1300 base price, must have gotten it confused w/ the CF one. Gotta update my mod budget now... :)

ArizonaGT said:
Cool, so like $1k shipped to your door roughly. I thought the FG one was like $1300 base price, must have gotten it confused w/ the CF one. Gotta update my mod budget now... :)
yup. the CF is somewhere around 1400 I think. I also got 2 sets of the hood pins, they are 35.00 each set.

Anyone know for sure if you have to drill into the radiator support or plastic covering to install the hood pins or do they go in the factory bump stop locations? Thanks.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
reakhavok said:
yup. the CF is somewhere around 1400 I think. I also got 2 sets of the hood pins, they are 35.00 each set.

Did you get your replacement hood yet?

ArizonaGT said:
reakhavok said:

Did you get your replacement hood yet?
Yes! it arrived today. Im off to Track Attack tomorrow morning. So im taking it in Monday to be preped/painted.
yes, Im taking it to the same shop as before. I am well aware of everyones opinion that I need to go somewhere else :). But for a multitude of reasons I did not.. It will however be the last time I use them, and I am babysitting them everystep of the way. I showed up today when it arrived so I could watch it be unpacked and look at it first hand.

The fastest color just became more fastest...... :eek:

imag0450e.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Adam, what did you do with the windshield sprayers?

I ordered a set of Sparco Pins that should be here this week. I'll probably install the hood and take it to get painted early next month.

I think I'm just going to do body color on the whole thing, and have them paint my 302S grille factory-style as well. Then I can have my vinyl guy apply any designs to the hood or grille later.

ArizonaGT said:

I ordered a set of Sparco Pins that should be here this week. I'll probably install the hood and take it to get painted early next month.

I think I'm just going to do body color on the whole thing, and have them paint my 302S grille factory-style as well. Then I can have my vinyl guy apply any designs to the hood or grille later.

They are removed for now but I will be relocating them. I want stock use out of the car.

Funny you mentioned the body color. I was going to do the same thing.... However I am glad I had the 302S look done, thanks Gary ;)

adam81 said:
ArizonaGT said:

They are removed for now but I will be relocating them. I want stock use out of the car.

Funny you mentioned the body color. I was going to do the same thing.... However I am glad I had the 302S look done, thanks Gary ;)
I have seen it with and without the pinstripe and you made the right call IMO. Looks good without it but I think better with it.

TMO Supporting Vendors