The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another Boss 302S Hood
pictures didn't attach correctly

boss%2Blouver%2Bb.jpgboss%2Blouver%2Ba.jpg
12%2B-%2B1

Getting closer to my former racecar

12%2B-%2B1

Some questions for other 302S installers:
How is your clearence to grill? Mine is line to line with latch positioned fully up
Is anyone using hood strut rods with this hood? Seems like they are too strong
How did you attach hood pins in crossmember? Did you cut a hole to get to the lower nut of the pin?
Getting closer to taking it on the track!!!!!!!! ;D

Thanks Jza1736
It looks like you used exisiting holes on the top of the beam but did you have to cut or drill a clearence hole in the side to get access to hold the bottom nut on the hood pins?

It looks that way. I didn't do it. I had the body shop install them when the did the hood, splitter and rear wing

That is why I didn't put it on my car ;D
That and the trunk has to add reinforcements for the wing and becomes useless

bulldogracer said:
Thanks Jza1736
It looks like you used exisiting holes on the top of the beam but did you have to cut or drill a clearence hole in the side to get access to hold the bottom nut on the hood pins?

Starting with the idea from a friend of mine here is what I did.

I dropped the nuts through the top hole, then the washers. The washers were too big to fit in so I flat spotted one side of them until it fit in the existing holes. Then insert the pins and twist the nuts on, the two middle pins I was able to get my pinkie finger in the square hole next to them and hold the nut enough to get it threaded. The two outside pins I used a small screw drive (taped up) to hold the nut on one side while I twisted the pin on. Since I also used lock washers, after I found the correct height I was able to tighten them from the top nuts.

Does anyone have any pictures of this on a Black LS or hell even a Black 2010-12?

Also, since these alot of you guys have had these for a while now has anyone had any issues with the rain? I know that the engine bay is routinely exposed to water when it does rain but I'm just curious about the added water and any issues. So far through looking I haven't really found any issues but I;m not sure if anyone has experienced any.

Sean said:
Does anyone have any pictures of this on a Black LS or hell even a Black 2010-12?

Also, since these alot of you guys have had these for a while now has anyone had any issues with the rain? I know that the engine bay is routinely exposed to water when it does rain but I'm just curious about the added water and any issues. So far through looking I haven't really found any issues but I;m not sure if anyone has experienced any.

Here you go! Can't help with the rain question.

Multiple pictures via the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33544038@N00/sets/72157632674382460/

10146586456_8b7ee66367.jpg
Tiger, Quik Latch, Springs, by polaristxguy

Sean said:

I asked this question few forum and everyone said " no problems with rain water ". I don't know why, but that has been the consensuses. I really like looks the Tiger hood but it seem the only problem is if it's not prep'd and painted correctly.

racered302 said:
I asked this question few forum and everyone said " no problems with rain water ". I don't know why, but that has been the consensuses. I really like looks the Tiger hood but it seem the only problem is if it's not prep'd and painted correctly.

Don't know why water isn't an issue? And that does seem to be the only issue, I read the CF one is even worse the the FG when it comes to prepping it to be completely flat.

Sean said:
Thank You for the link! I really like the way it looks being all black. I think I will be going with the Fiberglass version with Aerocatch hoodpins.
When using the Aerocatch use nylock lower nuts to make sure it won't come loose.

TMO Supporting Vendors