The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302S Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss man said:
Not sure I understand this comment. Your saying that 3M will not sell the black reflective vinyl to a sign shop and only to Ford. We have rolls of black reflective at our sign shop dept. at work and its 3M. Wish I could have those guys make me some decals but dont want to get in trouble...LOl

3m does have a reflective vinyl they sell to the public but it's not the same as the 2013 vinyl on the boss. I researched begged and bribed. If you do have the exact vinyl by chance you could make a complete killing selling to old school and new school boss owners. The ford vinyl had a gold silver tint vs the silver tint they sell to the public. I brought some samples and it's not even close.

I'll tell you Ford and 3M went out of their way to make it difficult to obtain the stripes. Even so by making the pin stripes way different from the standard. If you look both pin stripes that are on the hood and hockey stick they are completely different widths. My painter was tripping out on this.

This is why ford charges so much for replacement stripes for the 2013.

Ill have to check. Now that I know what to look for. Hum...Gold Silver tint.
O-by the way.....Smoking hot wheels. Love them.

Ok checked out the 3M black reflective vinyl. On the back it says 3M Scotchlite Plus 680 series reflective sheeting. And it seems to be only silver reflective which 3M calls white. learn something new ever day.

boss man said:
Ill have to check. Now that I know what to look for. Hum...Gold Silver tint.
O-by the way.....Smoking hot wheels. Love them.

Ok checked out the 3M black reflective vinyl. On the back it says 3M Scotchlite Plus 680 series reflective sheeting. And it seems to be only silver reflective which 3M calls white. learn something new ever day.

Ya that the sample I received Scotchlite Plus 680.

Thanks for the compliments on my wheels. I started up Seven Forged Wheels with this design. They are the only set in existence. I help design and make forged off wheels for people in monoblock and three piece designs. I consider myself a taylor for cars :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel